DBZ scouter build

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by MrGzilla, Jan 13, 2012.

1. MrGzilla

MrGzilla Well-Known Member

hey everyone, my friend wanted a scouter from dbz, so over the break i made this! its still not done, the lense still needs to be tinted, and the panel lines need to be lined (i guess thats how you say it)

heres snome pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and heres one with my friend wearing it:
    [​IMG]

originaly i we were going for a design without the headband part, but it was too heavy and would fall off his ear, so the headband had to be there..

let me know what you think!

2. Canadianghandi

Canadianghandi Member

Looking good. Personally, if you have black hair I would paint the band black, blends in much better than bright white :D

3. MrGzilla

yeah, i forgot to mention that, we just havent done it yet.

4. Canadianghandi

Canadianghandi Member

From what I see you ripped apart a set of headphones and dremeled out a pocket. I'm just wondering what you did to get those slots so straight. Good hands or did you have a jig set up?

5. MrGzilla

i took som ear muffs, and cut out the hole, and built the inside out of sheet styrene, thats how the lines are so straight.

6. Canadianghandi

Canadianghandi Member

Never thought of doing it that way honestly. I would have taken a piece of wood or something and routered a small radius on them to give them that look, but your way is much cheaper, faster, and safer.

I think that small detail there really adds to the overall appearance on the scouter. I love when lines that are supposed to be straight and crisp are just that.

7. pRoJectEarth7

pRoJectEarth7 Well-Known Member

Very clever...:)

Good work man... I would have done the same if I will build one.

cheers!