David Brandon's Horror Domain holding online auction

tardis55-Why did you ask if it was true he did that-then say you actually heard him do it? Did you hear him curse out customers? Where was the live feed from? I went to his website during the auctions and didn't see anything like that there. No link for a feed and no sound other than the link to his youtube channel. Just asking to be clear because I am interested in finding out what actually happened.

I think he mean's 'I heard...' as in someone told him it happened, not that he heard it himself...

If you were signed into iCollector to bid (or even just 'watching' the auction through their bidding system), in the upper right corner there's a link to view/listen to the live feed. For Premiere Props, this brings up a video feed. For Brandon's auction it brought up an audio-only feed. Some auctions don't have this active at all... That's where you would have found it. I played it for a few minutes and then the feed died and I just heard pops and static, so I turned it off...

Ok I was watching two auction that day so here is the info.

I called the gentleman who listened to that part of the sale and apparently David talked about people having a go at him on forums and proceeded to call one guy who he had said phoned him a do$($-bag.

I still think that's kinda unprofessional...as is calling out bidders names but what do I know.

That's why I was asking if anybody had witnessed it... To get confirmation

Usually I video some of these events... Wish I had gotten 5-10 minutes for prosterity.

Thanks, Rik1138 and tardis55 for the information. I wish I could have heard it. I saw the audio link button on the top right of the bidding screen and had it on but didn't hear anything.

DAVID BRANDON IS A COMPLETE IDIOT AND A WASHED UP HAS BEEN!!! HE ISN'T EVEN A BLIP ON THE PROP WORLD'S RADAR ANYMORE... HE IS STARVING NOWADAYS SINCE SALES FOR HIM HAVE BASICALLY BECOME NONEXISTENT...
NOW AS FAR AS THE IDIOTS AUCTION GOES... HERE IS MY TAKE ON THAT...

I have no problem with someone trying to make a buck but be honest about what you are selling!!! The guy is infamous for selling stuff to inexperienced collectors that HE claims is what it is with no evidence at all. The guy is a dumpster diver and hauls away junk out of the trash in the back of his beat up van that looks like it's from an episode of the Munsters and attaches his own description to it!!! Thats what pisses me off... He gets a small car and telephone pole out of the trash and says its from TERMINATOR- where? How??? Try to find it on screen!!! GOOD LUCK!!! I feel bad for the people who actually spent money with this fool tonight because they are married to those pieces now. They are worthless!!! Body parts from E.R.??? C'mon... Find them in an episode!!! Really?!?!?!
He makes this stuff up as he goes!!! Profiles wont even take consignments from him anymore and neither will Premiere. He has been caught too many times pulling shady crap!!! Unless you buy something from him that comes with an outside COA, you made a horrorible investment! Im just speaking the truth. I would NEVER invest in anything that comes directly from him again! Every single item that ive ever come across that came from him never ended up being what he claimed it was!! NEVER!!! Then when you finally prove to him that he sold you garbage, he tells you to send it back and he will give you a credit to his store so you can buy more garbage. Once he has your money- it's game over!!! The guy is a complete idiot and anyone who bid in his auction tonight- congrats on being ripped off!!! Try to find any proof that what you bought is what he claims that it is. It will never happen!!! And also thanks for bidding and contributing to this fiasco and keeping a con-artist in business. Now more than ever we have to double and triple check props because the bidders are the ones to blame for this idiot flooding the market with garbage and allowing this nonsense to continue!!! Im sorry if i said anything to offend anyone but I am only speaking the truth!!!!! I started this thread as a warning to all who were unaware- not as an advertizement for a complete scam artist!!!
In the middle of the auction while people were bidding on his garbage, he mentioned my name and called me a ********* several times... How professional is that?!?! Because I was calling him out behind the scenes while the auction was going on that the items were no good! He dont like me because I tell it like it is right to his fat face!!! And he tries to discredit me hoping that no one will believe or listen to me...
If he needs to make money that bad... Instead of deceiving collectors with fake props and phony descriptions, he should get off of his fat ugly ***** and get a job and finally earn an honest buck!!!!
That creep earned himself over 15k tonight and is laughing at all of the bidders all the way to the bank!!! In my opinion, if you added every item up in that auction, he shouldn't have walked away with more than 13 cents!!!
What a shame!!! :/
its really friggin sad that people will have pieces displayed proudly in their homes thinking they are gems when really the items are actually worth nothing at all!!!!!
Another sad part is that ya can't even really blame him totally anymore... I blame the bidders who put money in his pockets and allow this clown to continue!!! HE NEEDS TO BE STOPPED and the only way for that to happen is for us as collectors to stop giving him money! Without money coming in- he cant continue... SIMPLE!!!

AND YES... HE WAS ABSOLUTELY SHILL BIDDING THE WHOLE AUCTION... ALSO, WHOEVER WANTS TO HEAR HIS RIDICULOUS AND UNPROFESSIONAL OUTBURST DURING THE AUCTION- I HAVE IT TAPED... JUST SEND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO VISUALCONCEPTSNJ@AOL.COM AND I'D BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SHARE A COPY OF THIS MENTALLY DISTURBED IDIOT'S RECORDING WITH YOU...
THANKS...

Last edited:
And the best part of the auction WAS that he attaches Big Movie titles to these garbage GENERIC pieces with no evidence at all of where they came from or where they were used...
He RECENTLY tried selling me the EXACT same green jumpsuit 3 times. Once it was supposedly Jason's costume from Friday the 13th Part 8, 2 weeks later it was worn by Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan, and finally the third time, like a month later, it was supposedly worn by Elliot in E.T.????
WTF??? Just be careful what you buy... They are all GENERIC pieces with BIG name movie titles attached to them "BY HIM"...
And everything comes with a "HORROR DOMAIN" COA...
A "HORROR DOMAIN COA and a buck just might get you a small cup of coffee.

Just tryin to help...
Good Luck... LOL

Holy crap, I forgot all about this guy! I once left a positive comment on one of his Myers masks videos and thought I found a cool channel. Then this ***** proceeded to harass me through youtube saying my replica 78' Myers mask was illegal trash and how Im pathetic and could never afford a screen used mask, etc. He then tried to get the Myers fan site shut down and started harassing the members. This dude is really something else, he's what you'd call a born loser. All of these horror stories about him seem to be uniform, frankly im surprised anyone trusts him at all. Oh, and didn't he get some mail order bride or something? I wonder how that turned out... hahaha

The guy is infamous for selling stuff to inexperienced collectors that HE claims is what it is with no evidence at all. The guy is a dumpster diver and hauls away junk out of the trash in the back of his beat up van that looks like it's from an episode of the Munsters and attaches his own description to it!!! Thats what pisses me off... He gets a small car and telephone pole out of the trash and says its from TERMINATOR- where? How??? Try to find it on screen!!! GOOD LUCK!!! I feel bad for the people who actually spent money with this fool tonight because they are married to those pieces now. They are worthless!!! Body parts from E.R.??? C'mon... Find them in an episode!!! Really?!?!?!
He makes this stuff up as he goes!!! Profiles wont even take consignments from him anymore and neither will Premiere. He has been caught too many times pulling shady crap!!! Unless you buy something from him that comes with an outside COA, you made a horrorible investment! Im just speaking the truth. I would NEVER invest in anything that comes directly from him again! Every single item that ive ever come across that came from him never ended up being what he claimed it was!! NEVER!!!

This is my first post and I know this doesn't give me much credit. I bought a few items from David Brandon thru Ebay after making some research for my own and luckily they were authentic. The items are 3 Escape from NY miniature buildings from which at least 2 are proven to be genuine and screen matched and two parts of the miniature crane from Total Recall which are also screen used and identificable on screen. I can't say anything on all the other items sold or actually offered by David but to be fair I thought it would be useful to add this information. I'm not trying to defend him and I fully understand all the other members and collectors who are angry about his behavior.

Cylon I agree with you some of his items are easily identified and authentic. I have bought from him too. Some of the generic items its impossible to verify either way though. The unfinished items are backup items in any event so they could be related to a given production or not, its hard to know for sure.

Part II:

David Brandon, who runs the web site, Horror Domain, is holding a second online auction. The i collector auction consists of 119 lots of various horror related items and is being held until Saturday, October 20th.

The online auction description states:

Welcome to HORRORDOMAIN.COM's next big HALLOWEEN, HAUNT, AND SCREEN USED HORROR PROP GOREFEST! From unique Costume items you can wear, to film quality Bodies and Body Parts for your Haunt, Party, or Indy film.
From Screen Used Props anyone can afford, to Screen Matched HORROR GRAILS anyone would be proud to display in your keeper collection.
Whether you have $100.00 budget, or $100,000.00 to spend, HORRORDOMAIN.COM is your Home for SCREEN USED HORROR PROPS.
Everybody is welcome to the NEW WORLD ORDER of HORROR PROPS!

The first i collector auction held by Mr. Brandon hammered a little over $15,000.

The amount of lots being auctioned has changed a few times since I noticed the listing.

There appears to be 99 actual lots (with the last lot number being 113). If the last auction is any indication, that number will change.

Ut ohhhhh... Guess the idiots at it again... He must've went dumpster diving this week and here comes another trash filled auction!!!!!!
Save your money for an auction with authentic items... Beware!!!!!!!!!!!

He's got a new auction up right now. I just looked at it since it includes "screen used" Jurassic World items.

Unfortunately all the Jurassic World items that I am really familiar with are fakes. Some of them are fan-made pieces currently selling on eBay.

He's got a new auction up right now. I just looked at it since it includes "screen used" Jurassic World items.

Unfortunately all the Jurassic World items that I am really familiar with are fakes. Some of them are fan-made pieces currently selling on eBay.

Are you familiar with the 'prototype brochure'? I'm pretty sure that's fan made, but was curious as to who made it... Hadn't seen that one before.

So, after about 8 years of not doing business with David Brandon (Propdomain) I decided to bid on an item from Icollector.com. I won at $700 and after the auction he contacts me and says he now wants $1500 for the costume because that's what he paid for it. He even had the nerve to say he has another helmet and gauntlet that he'll include for $2500. I explained I just wanted the auction I won for $700 and he said it's no longer $700 but the $1500 he paid. My fault for trusting him AGAIN. I figured after 8 years his scamming ways would be over but I was wrong.
To preface, I purchased the Buffy corpse from him about 8 years ago. Paid $2500 via Paypal. I waited and waited for him to ship it and he kept giving me excuses about shipping but never shipped. I had to dispute the charge with Paypal and a few days later they refunded me.

I wish I had found this thread before I bought something from David Brandon, although it wouldn't have changed my mind about buying it, it would've been nice to know what I was getting myself into. I didn't have any major problems, but he was particularly blunt with his one-liner responses, and left multiple questions unanswered whenever I asked him about something. During the auction, I asked him if he was a member on here to which he explained how illegal and fraudulent he thinks this website is, and apparently it's the reason he's not on here anymore - he left out the part where he's been banned.

Prior to the auction that I took part in I wasn't even remotely aware of this guy's history, or his existence for that matter. I bought a production-made Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit chest piece from him, and I'm also currently in the process of replicating a couple of suits, so I'm quite the Spider-Man fan. Luckily I know enough about the item I bought that it's the real deal, so it is in fact a genuine, production-made piece (no one has managed to replicate it that closely and I have screen-matched it)

But here's the real kicker, I asked him how long it'd be before he shipped my item out and he said he asks 39 days to ship one parcel. Only then did I realise there was something fishy about him. I didn't get around to asking why he needs that much time to ship one parcel, but it'd be interesting to know if he's that busy or actually just the laziest guy on the planet. For the amount of money that I paid for my item, and the amount I paid for shipping, the packaging he used was questionable. Nothing but a satchel that had one layer of bubblewrap, and the item wasn't even fixed to anything, just free to move about in its place. Thankfully it arrived it good condition.

After the auction, I noticed on his next auction he had listed a production made Amazing Spider-Man 2 test chest piece again, but he had it titled as "Avengers: Infinity War Spider-Man chest" He noted that it was similar to the ASM2, but the ASM2 and MCU suit are so drastically different in comparison, it shouldn't be that hard to realise they're not related. I don't know whether he's that stupid or just trying to make more money by saying it belongs to a more popular franchise. I'm absolutely certain that it was a test piece for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, without a doubt. I wanted to say something about it but I thought probably wouldn't have been a wise decision since my item hadn't be shipped yet, and that way I probably would've prevented being screwed over or any vitriol to come my way.

I don't know whether it's up to him, but it would be nice to receive a COA for the item(s) you get. I work in retail myself, so I can say first hand that it's most important to put the customer first. I know an internet auction is significantly different to a retail store, but it's something David Brandon needs to pick up on if he wants to develop a positive reputation. As much as I wouldn't like to deal with David Brandon again, he has another auction coming up soon and there are a couple of things on there that I'd like to get my hands on. Just thought I'd share my experience and help a fellow prop/costume-maker and collector out. Always do your research before you give a stranger a large amount of money for anything.

Last edited:
...he was particularly blunt with his one-liner responses, and left multiple questions unanswered whenever I asked him about something.

...For the amount of money that I paid for my item, and the amount I paid for shipping, the packaging he used was questionable. Nothing but a satchel that had one layer of bubblewrap, and the item wasn't even fixed to anything, just free to move about in its place. Thankfully it arrived it good condition.

... I don't know whether he's that stupid or just trying to make more money by saying it belongs to a more popular franchise. I'm absolutely certain that it was a test piece for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, without a doubt. I wanted to say something about it but I thought probably wouldn't have been a wise decision since my item hadn't be shipped yet, and that way I probably would've prevented being screwed over or any vitriol to come my way.

Always do your research before you give a stranger a large amount of money for anything.

As others have pointed out, there is absolutely shill bidding on his auctions. I watched the last auction and the few decent props this thing was tentpoled around - he sat on them for 10 minutes or more sometimes waiting on a bid. Many items which got bid up past the reserve DID NOT SELL, clearly because he had placed the last bid and couldn't sell to himself. Others have mentioned he sometimes reaches out to the second highest bidder after auctions to see if they want to still buy the items. What a tool.

I totally get that its hard to resist, but do yourself and the community a favor by not bidding on his future auctions. This dude needs to be shunned in the worst way. Besides PROPDOMAIN, he also operates as Horror Domain. Consider filing a complaint with iCollector.com; maybe they can step up and do something as well.

Last edited:
A friend had a nearly identical experience with Mr. Brandon and his greasy bedroom auctions...
I know the supes pieces came to a Paypal claim, not sure how that's played out yet...

This obscure weirdo thinks he's the center of the prop collecting universe. It does make one wonder how a shady, cocksure greaser actually gets his hands on this stuff. I'd like to think more of the studios than to sell rejects and garbage to a guy out the back door, but who knows. I do know that the physical auction location he lists (and the return address on his shipments) are a UPS store. Hmm, I wonder why he doesn't want people to know where he lives/works... 7521 Bovey Ave Reseda CA

I totally get that its hard to resist, but do yourself and the community a favor by not bidding on his future auctions. This dude needs to be shunned in the worst way. Consider filing a complaint with iCollector.com, maybe they can step up and do something as well.

It really, really boils my blood to find out that he, himself, bids against others in order to raise the bid. I did not know that. Man, that makes me angry. It definitely could've been him on my auction. I too really wonder how he gets these things, I wouldn't be surprised if he might even know someone who works for one of the studios. For someone like myself who is purely interested in pursuing this line of work as a career, I hate that someone like this germ is getting his hands on items like these, only to make a profit.

I'd love to hear how that PayPal claim ended out, I'm definitely going to get in touch with iCollector and see what I can do.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back