Limited Run DaveP's Obi Static Parts Run 2022/23 (Sign-Up Closed)

Oh original materials for my vote. Though i need to look into the difference between chronicles and Tunisia for the grenade. I've never really delved into that rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Please add me to The List of Interested, Thank You! :)
Thanks! That's great! Just updated the list now. (y)
Shaping up do be a decent size run here Dave! Still, (in my opinion) The best and most accurate options available for displays and accurate specs. Anyone in this run who hasn’t purchased from Dave before, you are in for a splendid piece!
It certainly is, Ariston! Thanks so much for the compliment! :cry:

A huge thank you to everyone who has expressed an interest so far too! Now that I'm back in the UK, and ALL remaining commissions are now finished, I'll be putting some serious hours in to finishing off the models next week, and dropping the next update very soon.

You should expect to see a lot more activity on this run from here on in. ;)

Hi Dave, sorry for the very delayed interest, I'm interested in an inconel Balance pipe if you offer separate parts.
thanks a lot :)

Can anyone explain what Chronicles or Tunisia configuration means.? I just want the Saber from A New Hope.
In short - "Tunisia" is how the saber used to look when they started filming ANH , "Chronicles" is how it ended up looking at the end of filming of ANH. There are few differences, for example one of the washers around the transistors was lost at some point.
Here's a picture that I got from some other thread, the "Tunisia" is at the top, the other two are of the "Chronicles" :
1660511796599.png

Can anyone explain what Chronicles or Tunisia configuration means.? I just want the Saber from A New Hope.

In short - "Tunisia" is how the saber used to look when they started filming ANH , "Chronicles" is how it ended up looking at the end of filming of ANH. There are few differences, for example one of the washers around the transistors was lost at some point.
Here's a picture that I got from some other thread, the "Tunisia" is at the top, the other two are of the "Chronicles" :
View attachment 1607885

I'd go just a little bit further and add that the Tunisia/Chronicles used different parts. Not necessarily all of them, but the grenade certainly. I don't believe them to be the same prop. The Chronicles grenade is a different style to the Tunisia one. The wind vane is in a different position too (closer to the emitter). Hard to say from the poor reference, but the clamp pin appears to me to be missing on the Tunisia hilt, which could suggest a different clamp was used. I've tried to match up the damage on the booster, but that appears to me to be an entirely different piece also. Another difference is how the pommel is put together. The cubes are "correct" (to the handwheel) on the Tunisia prop, but flipped on the Chronicles.

If you're wanting the on-screen version, The Chronicles is the way to go IMO. The Tunisia prop gets *almost* ZERO screen time. The only shot to the best of my knowledge is the one where Luke speeds off back to the farm. It can be seen on Guinness's belt, but far off in the distance.

I do think the Tunisia version would be great for displaying alongside the iconic Alec Guinness photo though!

I'll be covering all this in a lot more detail soon in my next update, which will hopefully be worth the very long wait! :D

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Cheers,

Dave

I'd go just a little bit further and add that the Tunisia/Chronicles used different parts. Not necessarily all of them, but the grenade certainly. I don't believe them to be the same prop. The Chronicles grenade is a different style to the Tunisia one. The wind vane is in a different position too (closer to the emitter). Hard to say from the poor reference, but the clamp pin appears to me to be missing on the Tunisia hilt, which could suggest a different clamp was used. I've tried to match up the damage on the booster, but that appears to me to be an entirely different piece also. Another difference is how the pommel is put together. The cubes are "correct" (to the handwheel) on the Tunisia prop, but flipped on the Chronicles.

If you're wanting the on-screen version, The Chronicles is the way to go IMO. The Tunisia prop gets *almost* ZERO screen time. The only shot to the best of my knowledge is the one where Luke speeds off back to the farm. It can be seen on Guinness's belt, but far off in the distance.

I do think the Tunisia version would be great for displaying alongside the iconic Alec Guinness photo though!

I'll be covering all this in a lot more detail soon in my next update, which will hopefully be worth the very long wait! :D

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Cheers,

Dave
Correct, pretty sure this thing was assembled 3 different times, with a variant of different parts.

Is it just me or is the "final" Chronicles version never appeared on screen?
I strongly believe the chronicles version was never seen on screen and was a butcher job just for the post production photos…

These parts were rented and returned, this is Kind of confirmed (100% confirmed for me) going by the different grenade and boosters used

Starkiller has a great thread where we talked about this, and the reasoning for it being taken apart and “gun parts” being changed because of restrictions in different filming locations (example, what they had to do with the e11’s to film in tunisa) if I can dig up the thread tonight I’ll link it for anyone interested.

I do not want to highjack dave’s interest thread though..

The chronicles is legit laid on a table and held together with tape for that shoot. That’s why it’s crooked

Last edited:
I strongly believe the chronicles version was never seen on screen and was a butcher job just for the post production photos…

These parts were rented and returned, this is Kind of confirmed (100% confirmed for me) going by the different grenade and boosters used

Starkiller has a great thread where we talked about this, and the reasoning for it being taken apart and “gun parts” being changed because of restrictions in different filming locations (example, what they had to do with the e11’s to film in tunisa) if I can dig up the thread tonight I’ll link it for anyone interested.

I do not want to highjack dave’s interest thread though..

The chronicles is legit laid on a table and held together with tape for that shoot. That’s why it’s crooked
Don't worry about highjacking the thread, Danny. Any and all info/discussion is always welcome. :)

I was aware that some of the parts were hired (from Bapty?), which explains why the props aren't in the archive.

So hard to say for sure if the on screen grenade/booster are the ones in the Chronicles pictures, with the photos being so much clearer than anything I can grab from the film. Totally open to the idea that they're not though. (y) I do believe that the clamp and balance pipe were the same, at the very least though, so would make sense to use the existing handwheel too.

The mark on the emitter confirms the balance pipe, and I think I can just about make out the damage to the clamp foil, and what looks like the screw in the top corner of the clamp as well (there's the missing washer too off course). There are certainly similarities in the markings:

Emitter.jpg

CLAMP.jpg

I'm going to see if I can get a hold of this frame from the guys who did Project 4K77. They helped me out before with some frames from 4K83 in the past when working on the ISYHCANL. Would be great if I could get the sharpest possible image of this frame, to compare with the photos of the prop...

Leave it with me... ;)

Would be interested in:

Balance Pipe
Booster w/ weld bead.
And the custom made internal coach bolt/spacer/bp attachment.

Will there be an option for weathered versions?

Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back