Limited Run DaveP's Obi Static Parts Run 2022/23 (Sign-Up Closed)

YES! I've been hoping that you would do this.
Interested pending price :)
Interested!
Hey, please add me to your interest list, thanks!
Thanks everyone! The list has been updated. (y)

Really looking forward to this one! My days are still incredibly busy, working on commissions from my current run. There have been a lot of very interesting discussions going on behind the scenes though, with veteran collectors/researchers, engineers, and even a knight of the realm! :D It's funny where these things take you! :lol:

The models have progressed significantly since I announced the run... I'll be sharing more soon... but not yet... :cautious:

I'm sworn to secrecy on a number of aspects relating to this run, but here's what you can expect:
  • Models which have gone through my usual photogrammetry process, referenced against genuine vintage parts, as well as the available prop references and blueprints.​

• Choice of Chronicles/Tunisia grenade section.​

• Alloys and materials accurate to the vintage parts. Painstakingly researched for each part, of course.​

• Parts will be made in the UK, all within a short drive from myself, and using techniques that are accurate/appropriate for each part.​

I'm looking forward to being more involved in the production process for this one, as well as supporting local businesses. It's my hope that I can develop some good working relationships/friendships moving forward, and to be able to share regular updates/insights in to the production process.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who has expressed an interest so far! I expect to be finished working on commissions around the middle/end of June, by which time I hope to also have models/drawings ready for this run, and to start thinking about getting things moving.

Thanks again everyone, and MTFBWY!

Dave

I hope there will be an explanation of the differences between the Chronicles and Tunisia grenade section. I read the lightsaber guide pdf and didn't see much about differences in the grenade. Is it known where the Chronicles saber was used?

Is there any chance of having an appropriately cut flash hider for this made? Is there an interest in that? I've always thought that's what was used as a spacer under the clamp (though I don't know for sure as all the parts were rented from Bapty and cobbled together) and would love to have that over the fender washers I have on mine.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of having an appropriately cut flash hider for this made? Is there an interest in that? I've always thought that's what was used as a spacer under the clamp (though I don't know for as all the parts were rented from Bapty and cobbled together) and would love to have that over the fender washers I have on mine.
I am also interested in this idea

I think by "additional nut" Dave meant exactly this part as there was a picture of it at the bottom of the post

Replica Browning 303 “booster” section. Including additional nut which can be left on to fit under the clamp.

I think by "additional nut" Dave meant exactly this part as there was a picture of it at the bottom of the post

Replica Browning 303 “booster” section. Including additional nut which can be left on to fit under the clamp.

Yeah, that's a part of it and it works wonderful as it fits the diameter of the clamp and grenade. I'm talking about the flash hider that would typically thread with the nut to the booster. In my mind, I always thought there had to be something under the clamp and the flash hider (a portion of it anyway) just seemed to be ideal. There's just something more to it than it being left empty or the clamp wrapped around a solid block of metal.

Yeah, that's a part of it and it works wonderful as it fits the diameter of the clamp and grenade. I'm talking about the flash hider that would typically thread with the nut to the booster. In my mind, I always thought there had to be something under the clamp and the flash hider (a portion of it anyway) just seemed to be ideal. There's just something more to it than it being left empty or the clamp wrapped around a solid block of metal.
Ah, so you mean the entire thing like this?
1652929666857.png

It's not a bad idea!

Edit: if it is cut around here it could fit inside the grenade nicely
1652930164976.png

Last edited:
Ah, so you mean the entire thing like this?
View attachment 1576828
It's not a bad idea!

Edit: if it is cut around here it could fit inside the grenade nicely
View attachment 1576832

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I know some vintage parts builds have this set-up and the length of the flash hider varies depending on the size of the clamp. I know the one I have is slightly smaller so it'd be cut just a little lower.

Hi, please add me to your interest list.

Thanks.

Thanks so much! Done (y)

I hope there will be an explanation of the differences between the Chronicles and Tunisia grenade section. I read the lightsaber guide pdf and didn't see much about differences in the grenade. Is it known where the Chronicles saber was used?

Although the references for the Tunisia grenade are thin on the ground, there are noticeable differences in the grenade styles. The Tunisia one has smaller, less defined segment faces and is a different style with what look to me to be deeper cuts. It appears as though the grenade is flipped, as it is missing the smooth slope in the final ring section. There are examples where this is missing without having to flip it however.

It's probably easier to say that the Chronicles is the static prop for every shot that isn't this one:

Tunisia.JPG

I'm *fairly* sure this is the Tunisia set and not Death Valley (happy to be corrected on that). Either way, the behind the scenes photos are obviously the best references for the Tunisia prop. (y)

TUN1.jpg

Yeah I'm in for whatever you make, to be honest. IN
Interested as well.

Thanks Guys. I'll get the list updated now. (y)

Is there any chance of having an appropriately cut flash hider for this made? Is there an interest in that? I've always thought that's what was used as a spacer under the clamp (though I don't know for as all the parts were rented from Bapty and cobbled together) and would love to have that over the fender washers I have on mine.

I REALLY like this idea! I was only planning on doing the additional nut because, I figured it could well have been a part of the original prop. I hadn't considered including the actual flash hider, but I think that's a really great idea! I did already have a design in mind for the spacer, but swapping it out for something based on a vintage part is definitely preferable! Thanks! (y)

If I don’t get in on this I’ll regret it forever. So yeah, I’m in.
Dave, just put my name on every list you start at this point lol. I’d like to be added to the list:D Thanks!
-Ariston

Thanks Guys! Really appreciate all your support!

I'll get the list updated now, then I'll be AFK for the rest of the day. (y)

Thanks again everyone!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back