Limited Run DaveP's Obi Static Parts Run 2022/23 (Sign-Up Closed)

I'm in for a weathering comission when you are ready to offer them.
It's occurred to me that I might need to figure out a timescale/price for commissions before the run goes ahead. To avoid people having their un-weathered parts shipped out , only to have to pay to ship them back and forth... I'll give it some serious thought and see if there's a way of working it out.

I'm hoping to be able to take a partial upfront payment for this run as a deposit, rather than the whole price for the parts upfront. I'll have more details on this after pricing is finalised. Obviously additional commissions do complicate things a little though, as I'd like to avoid a situation where I'm holding on to a lot of people's parts for a long period of time, and I'd need the parts to be fully payed up around the time that they've been received by me (or shortly after)... I think at the very least, I'll need to limit the number of commissions this time around, and then take on more as and when I'm free again.

Hope that makes sense?
Please add me to the interest list. Thanks!
Please add me in the list for a fully built and weathered if you offer them :)
Im interested
Thanks so much guys... And apologies for the delayed response! I've been even busier than usual this past week, as a few commissions were completed and had to be packaged up/sent out, whilst continuing with the remaining ones. Getting through them though, and I expect to be finished in the next couple of weeks! (y)

I've updated the list now anyway. (y)

Thanks again and all the best,

Dave

I’m really interested in this run, too. Please add me to the list if it’s not too late. (You really only need one kidney, right?)

Interested pending price!
Interested!
Please add me to the list. Thanks!
You can never have too many Obi-Wan sabers…
Count me in for 1.
I would be interested in an electropolished stainless pommel! Add me to the interested list for the pommel piece!
I am really late to this party, but if still room, please add me to the interest list for the full saber.

Thanks!!

DJ
I’m really interested in this run, too. Please add me to the list if it’s not too late. (You really only need one kidney, right?)
Interested
In for one, possibly two.
Dave, please count me in as interested. Depending of funds at the time of payment! Love your work!
Thanks so much everyone, and apologies for delay in responding. The list has been updated. Really looking fortward to moving forward with the run very soon!

Come on Dave give us an update your killing me..:lol::lol:
Sorry Dean, it's killing me too! :lol:

So.... the last of my V2 commissions are set to be finished THIS WEEK! The size of the run took me completely by surprize, and I've been working my way through the commissions pretty much non-stop for the last 9 months. It's been an incredible amount of work, but I've enjoyed every second, and I'm really happy with the results. :)

I have made some progress on my models for this run however, as well as some new info/research that will be guiding my design decisions going forward. I'd like to hold off from sharing until I've officially moved on to this run as my main focus, for a couple of reasons.

There are, as you may know, a couple of other people working on very similar projects. This one in particular, comes with an additional degree of responsibility. There are aspects of some of these parts which are not widely known, and will need to remain so. The last thing we need is a load of fake vintage parts flooding the market. My replicas will be as close to the real thing as possible, but WILL include tells for those who know where to look. Certain aspects such as the exact alloys and manufacturing techniques are going to have to remain under wraps though I'm afraid. And until I can give it my full attention, I'd like to keep updates to a minimum.

Also, the level of interest I've received so far has been phenomenal, and I'm REALLY looking forward to getting my teeth in to this one! I have been under so much pressure these past few months with work though, that I know that I just don't have the time to engage properly until I've completed these last few commissions. I've already been struggling to keep up to date with correspondence, and fear that if I was to fire the starting gun too early, I just won't have the time (or energy) to participate fully in the discussion.

I am set to go on a much needed vacation at the end of the month. I'm happy to say that timing wise, it's worked out perfectly, and I should be finished working on large batches of commissions before I leave.

On my return, I plan to drop what will essentially be an update to officially kick-start this run!

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Can't wait for this one!

All the best and MTFBYWY!

Dave

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back