Limited Run DaveP's Obi Static Parts Run 2022/23 (Sign-Up Closed)

**UPDATE**

Hi Everyone.

A little later than planned (apologies), here's the update that was promised for Monday/Tuesday...

There are a couple of reasons for the delay, which I'll explain briefly bellow:

As I had a UPS collection booked in for Batch 02 on Tuesday. I worked around the clock (quite literally) to get everything ready to go.

I worked all day Monday, and then continued through the night in to Tuesday Morning.

I managed to get everything ready to go, only to be met with a problem that was out of my control. :(

There have been road works going on in our village this week, which have been slowly making their way towards our street...Well, on Tuesday morning it finally reached the end of our little cul-de-sac (which is a dead end) and basically cut off access to and from our house between the hours of 8:00am and 17:00pm!

PXL_20231010_075709348.PORTRAIT copy.jpg

This has been a bit of a pain to say the least, but most importantly, it has prevented the UPS guy from getting here!

So... my promise that the Tuesday collection would "NOT" change has been broken, and for that I am truly sorry. :(

This update is also a little behind schedule also, due to the fact that I was just not in a fit state state to write everything up yesterday. It's amazing, the effect that missing a nights sleep can have on you! I really could not string a sentence together and was completely burnt out!

The road works were looking very nearly finished this evening from what I can tell. So, I've re-scheduled the collection for tomorrow (Thursday)

Everything is ready to go, so hopefully, things will be clear by the time they need to get through!

Assembly and finishing turned out to be an incredibly time consuming process. Lots of very small tasks which, due to the numbers, took a lot longer than I expected.

The finishing and assembly process included things like installing the D-Rings, and the clamp screws. Very quick jobs in the grand scheme of things, but care has to be taken not to mess anything up at the last hurdle.

PXL_20231011_095555634 copy.jpg

PXL_20231011_100001745 copy.jpg

PXL_20231011_113057497 copy.jpg

PXL_20231011_115632282 copy.jpg

PXL_20231011_123519111 copy.jpg

With all of the parts having been finished, the main area that requires attention when assembling everything is the clamp.

The cotter pins, the screws, the transistors, and the bubble strip all have to be installed correctly and securely:

PXL_20231011_143846833 copy.jpg

PXL_20231011_143900456 copy.jpg

PXL_20231011_143915846 copy.jpg
PXL_20231011_151744565 copy.jpg

The levers also needed finishing and assembling sinse the last major update. There are quite a few steps involved in this step too:

PXL_20231009_152342567 copy.jpg

Here you can see batch 02 in it's entirety (now packaged up and ready for collection tomorrow lunchtime):

PXL_20231011_151510713 copy.jpg

PXL_20231011_151517317 copy.jpg

After tomorrow, please keep an eye out for any updates from UPS relating to your shipment.

I'm now in the process of organising the assembly of Batch 03 orders! I'll post an update soon with how this is going. Once Batch 02 has finally left the building, I'll begin booking this final batch in for collection in order to generate tracking numbers. Please allow for some time to get everything put together and packaged up though.

I will of course continue to keep you all informed with any progress, and will do my best to get these completed as soon as possible!

You may have seen that I sold a few personal items recently. This was basically to buy me the time needed to concentrate on getting these remaining commissions out without having to worry about moving on to my next project before they're done.

I can assure you that the remaining commissions will continue to have my full attention and all of my efforts will be put in to making them as good as they possibly can be.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding everyone.

All the best and MTFBWY,

Dave

Haven’t made a junkyard post yet, as great as this is I’ll need to let mine go to help with the bills. Dave did a partial patina job for me as I intended to finish it out with the rest of the weathering. As it (mine specifically) sits it’s akin to a newborn shiny MR with darkened parts. Still pretty amazed with how sharp and crisp everything came

Haven’t made a junkyard post yet, as great as this is I’ll need to let mine go to help with the bills. Dave did a partial patina job for me as I intended to finish it out with the rest of the weathering. As it (mine specifically) sits it’s akin to a newborn shiny MR with darkened parts. Still pretty amazed with how sharp and crisp everything came

Pics?

**UPDATE**

Morning everyone.

Here’s my usual Saturday morning update. I’m pleased to announce that this will be the very last one for this project!

This time next week, the last of my weathering commissions will be on their way to their new homes!

This is another one of those pre-update updates though I’m afraid…

I’m not quite ready to drop my usual photo-heavy update unfortunately, as they’re all still at the “almost there” stage!

Star-Wars-almost-there-GIF.gif

If it’s ok with everyone, I’ll drop a more in-depth update early next week, when everything is at 100%. As you know, I like to get everything laid out for a final family portrait!

For these large batches, I like to work my way through the whole batch, ticking off individual tasks as I go. So as things stand, I don’t have a single one completed just yet. They are ALL at about 95%!

With this in mind, I have begun booking them in with UPS (but have not yet ordered a collection). This is a long process in itself, and requires a stretch at the computer. I’m about half way through booking in the remaining orders.

For those that were booked in last night, I’ll get tracking numbers out to people later today. Then, as soon as I get some more time at the computer, I’ll get the rest booked in over the course of the next couple of days. (y)

There really are only finishing touches left again now, so I’m aiming to be in a position to book a Wednesday collection (all being well by Tuesday evening).

So just a brief update this week I’m afraid, but I just wanted to show my face and let you all know where things are up to.

I’m aiming to drop a much more in-depth update Tuesday evening (with pics).

Hope that’s ok, and wishing you all a great weekend!

All the best, and MTFBWY!

Dave

Last edited:
**UPDATE**

Hello everyone.

Hope you’ve all had a great week.

Apologies for the delay in getting this update posted.

On top of what has been an incredibly busy week(s), I’ve had life throw as many obstacles as it could muster my way this week too. o_O

For those who are waiting on their Batch 03 orders, I’ve spoken to you all individually and as I mentioned I had a collection booked for Thursday.

Unfortunately, I had to cancel that collection due to unforeseen circumstances. Nothing to do with the run. Just life!

I couldn’t guarantee that I’d be home all day yesterday either, so just to be on the safe side, I’ve scheduled a collection for Monday. Everything is packaged up and ready to go!

PXL_20231027_151418148 copy.jpg

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience or for any disappointment.

I did consider dropping them off at the local drop off point yesterday, but it is such an incredibly small shop (they all seem to be!) that I just didn’t like the thought of a) turning up and dumping 30X parcels on the counter, or b) having them all sat there behind the counter all weekend. I figured it’s safer to have them where I can see them, and for them to be collected directly from me and taken straight to the depot.

I hope you all understand.

I’m really looking forward to these arriving with you all. In the meantime, here are some photos I’ve taken throughout the process, as well as the finished articles:

PXL_20231018_152118224 copy.jpg

PXL_20231025_134545915 copy.jpg

PXL_20231025_102918486 copy.jpg

PXL_20231024_103419685 copy.jpg

PXL_20231024_103433484 copy.jpg

PXL_20231024_190910934 copy.jpg

PXL_20231024_185130583 copy.jpg

PXL_20231025_134519784 copy.jpg

PXL_20231025_143657959 copy.jpg
PXL_20231026_113642898 copy.jpg

PXL_20231027_103734555~2 copy.jpg

PXL_20231027_103908299 copy.jpg

PXL_20231027_092440331~2 copy.jpg

PXL_20231027_103819742 copy.jpg

PXL_20231027_103803030~2 copy.jpg

PXL_20231027_103748111~2 copy.jpg

PXL_20231027_103839144 copy.jpg

I hope you like how they’ve turned out. They’ll be on their way very soon, and can't wait for you to see them in person!

Now that this run is finished, I’d just like to say a huge THANK YOU! to everyone who has taken part. It’s been an incredibly long and bumpy journey. The patience and support you’ve all shown has been phenomenal! I never expected it would take this long to complete, and for that I offer my sincere apologies.

Whilst this was largely out of my control, the buck ultimately stops with me, and in hindsight, I certainly underestimated the time it would take to have so many individual parts manufactured, and to work through the weathering commissions for a run of this size!

In future, I’ll be making a point of having parts made and in hand prior to taking payments. I’ll also be offering weathering commissions on a batch by batch basis, only taking new orders once all previous ones have been fulfilled.

This will limit the amount of pressure on me, but will also mean that orders can be placed and fulfilled within a reasonable timeframe.

It’s all a learning curve, and this run has certainly taught me some valuable lessons!

With all that said, I have thoroughly enjoyed the process, however challenging, and I thank you all for placing your trust in me and for allowing me the opportunity to work on such an incredibly rewarding project!

Wishing you all the very best, and as always, MTFBWY!!!

Dave

Dave,

It was certainly worth the wait to get the final product. The end result was fantastic and showed the large amount of effort needed to complete. I appreciated all of the status updates and photos to show the progress. You are very transparent with the progress.

I look forward to your future projects.

Thanks

Dave,

I just opened mine up and it looks amazing! The level of detail and accuracy is outstanding! Thank you so much for your hard work on this project, and for keeping us updated throughout the whole process
Awesome display and plaque! I need something like this for mine.

Absolutely gorgeous work, Dave. I can't believe I missed this. What are the chances you still have one available?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back