Dave the Bookie's current projects - Blasters and Sabers

Got the ESB EE-3 mostly completed last night. Still need to spray with fixative for the rust pigment - purposely went a little heavy in some areas with the rust effects because they will calm down/wash out a little when the fixative is applied. The pictures don't do this justice - need to find the right combination of natural and artificial light to take some better pictures. The body is a HandSchaub bronze cast Webley, parts kit from Sidewinder including his new metal scope rings. I worked up the parts with the help of The5thHorseman's post over at TDH - attached most parts with screws (would never do that with a real Webley... :)) including the scope mounts to make the blaster solid. Only parts that are glued on are the stock greeblies and the Molex plugs. Allows the blaster to be taken apart for transport - or shipping - thinking of selling this baby as I acquired a real Webley a few months back and will be converting that with all (well all that have been identified to date) real parts!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,012.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 68
Some better pictures. Is overcast outside, so eliminated some of the harsh shadows.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    954.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    936.9 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    831 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    835.2 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    877.9 KB · Views: 68
love it, even if I personally prefer a bit less weathering on the Webley itself.

The new owner will surely appreciate your efforts

Glad to be directed to this thread :)

Seems like Dave is a Man after my own blaster ! ;) Great collection.

I am making my own EE-3 with Dave's cast offs ! (joke) I bought one of his unmodified Schaubly's (which are amazing). Got a few "real" parts (ASI Scope) and waiting for the real plugs and I'll put it together with Sidewinders kit and his metal scope rings.

Thanks for the Help again :)

Finished up my most recent project - repaint/re-weather of my Luke V2 saber and completion of my custom MR .45 Scale Luke V2!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    972.1 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    770.2 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
While I was working on my .45 scale Luke V2, I was also working on a .45 scale Vader ROTJ. Not 100% pleased - I may rework some of the details, but it turned out good. The hex bolts weren't exactly .45 scale, but were the smallest I could find. Got the shroud and the activation box 3D printed and they turned out very good, but I wasn't able to get them completely smooth like I wanted. Kit bashed a Luke ANH .45, Luke ESB .45 (still need to add the D ring to the bottom), and an ANH Vader .45. Was fun collecting the parts and getting them made.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
Got the Hoth Rebel Blaster painted up. I know it is "more accurate" with the piece removed from above the front barrel, but I like the way it looks - think it looks for "sci-fi". :) Also probably was on the original cast but got broken off during production. Added to my blaster wall. Need to figure out a way to make room for my Fett ESB coming up in the next few months! :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
Well done!

seems like my sheet panel blaster display inspired quite a few since I posted pictures of it over a decade ago :)
man....that are a lot of blasters. And I already thought MY display was too crowded :lol

I think I am at. 50+ blasters right now, not counting my WIPs and unstarted stuff

keep the updates coming :thumbsup

It's been about that long - 10 years plus - that I have had the blaster wall up. It likely was your display that inspired mine, but I can't remember. Thanks again for offering up the Bossk blaster! Now I just need to find or figure out the Zuckuss blaster! :0)

Reminds me of home :love

I hope to be expanding my Odiwan style wall display soon.. but then I've only been trying to get the panels from Russrep for almost a year!!! Still trying...:cry

- - - Updated - - -

I miss my bandoleer :(

I got the panels online from a hardware outlet for like $20 each including shipping - they had free shipping for orders over $100, so I ordered 5. That was 10+ years ago though.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back