Dash Rendar fabric help needed

I actually started thinking the same thing. So I went and bought the exact fabric you linked to and dyed it tonight. Running it through the washer now. I will post pics of the fabric tomorrow. I can't believe I spent hours looking in stores for something I could do myself. Lesson learned :)

Looks like a quilted pattern, not one that's printed/woven in.

Similar, not leather, but could be dyed and altered -
Diamond Double Faced Quilt Fabric at Joann.com

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to see this project when it's done I always liked dash from the N64 game

I have a build thread here: http://www.therpf.com/f79/dash-rendar-costume-build-209600/
You can keep up with it if you want to watch the progress. It is going faster now that I am off for 2 months :) Worked on the armor today too.

IMG_20140602_191251.jpgWell I dyed the fabric mentioned above. It looks great in this picture, but the real color is more of a milk chocolate. I may re-dye it to get closer to the accurate color. I need another set of eyes to figure it out. When my wife gets home I will ask her opinion. Either way I am getting closer to done :)

You may have to mix dyes to get the color you want. Way back before my commission, I was enlisted and at the time we still wore dungarees. They easily faded and we often re-dyed them instead of buying new pants. However you could not just use navy blue dye or they turned out purple. You had to use 2 navy blues to 1 black. You may want to try something like that.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back