Das Brutus' "Black Warrior" Celtic style

DasBrutus

First off... Proud new member, Greetings to all. I'm a noob, no matter the props and costumes I've done. Predator props is new and exciting for me. If this is posted in the wrong place, a thousand apologies.

Costumes I've done:
Halo 3 - Recon Spartan, ODST Spartan

Current projects:
Halo 3 ODST, "Shadow" Clone Trooper, Gears of War Fenix Armor

I am now giving myself a 1 year time frame to build my Pred costume and armor. I'll be working closely with Bovine13 and NewPredMaker whom I work with in Soaring Hammer, an armor making group. Of course any help, guidence, and expertise is openly accepted.

Concept: The Black Warrior, aka God of Death
Seems like a mighty high bar, but I'm a bit full of m'self. hehe!

Since I'm Scottish by blood, I'm going with the Celtic Bio. No battle damage, since the guy is the GoD... and who can hurt the God of Death, eh?

Here is the idea I've come up with... and nothing is set in stone

All art I've used was from google images, any and all borrowed art is used without permission of the artist for which I apologize.
WIP1-1.jpg

BTW: While researching and typing this thread, I've been rocking out to "Alestorm" - Scottish Pirate Metal! WOOT!

Best of luck with the build and welcome to the lair. If you'll be working with Scott and Newpredmaker then you'll be working with 2 of the best in the business!

Welcome to an ever growing army of Predator fanatics. Good concept pictures and good luck with your build. Enjoy.

Brutus,
This is a suit I did for another friend/member. Give this a look and see what ya think.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...ic=4007&hl=

Read it. Loved it.

For some reason making the armor seems so easy, but the idea of working with latex stops the ol' brain in its tracks. Then again, working with flex foam it and dragonskin was a stretch at first as well... going to start the packing tape dummy after Halo-ween. It's called that 'cuz I'm Halo this year...

Welcome to the lair man! I have to say you made me laugh because you picked the same suit concept that I've got planned! Most of the major parts are different (I'll be making my own armor) but the general color scheme and idea is very similar. Good luck with it, it'll be awesome to see how you get on with it.

Welcome to the lair man! I have to say you made me laugh because you picked the same suit concept that I've got planned! Most of the major parts are different (I'll be making my own armor) but the general color scheme and idea is very similar. Good luck with it, it'll be awesome to see how you get on with it.

The armor in the pic is just the "concept" to wrap my mind around... I'm actually leaning towards the armor featured in the new Predator comic put out by Dark Horse... I see so many elements of the Stormtrooper, Halo, and even Iron Man. All pieces I have some experience working with... but then again, there are pieces out there that can be customized to be "me".

As far as the color scheme? Great minds think alike! I like the non cannon take on things, and love to see "new" looks for established characters.

This may be a little too "smooth", but it definately different!
060409_predator7.jpg

060409_predator7.jpg

While I continue to research and sketch up... would someone explain the decorations in the dreads? Before I start to "accessorize" I would like to know the signifigance... don't want to be misrepresented, ya know?

While I continue to research and sketch up... would someone explain the decorations in the dreads? Before I start to "accessorize" I would like to know the signifigance... don't want to be misrepresented, ya know?

You mean the dread beads? there exactly that, jewlery or a show of small trophies, plus the added weight adds to the sway of the dreads

welcome to the lair! awsome concept and judging from what you have done it'll look great!

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words, everyone!

Reminder: 1 year to complete build... build to start after Halloween 2009

All right, here we go. I'm focusing on the loin cloth and belt for this update on the concept. Thanks extended to TMI for the "Paint Up Sheet" I used to Photoshop (poorly).

As with any WIP, things change. So far I'm going to stick with the color scheme already mentioned, and I'm adding a kilt. That's right... a Kilt. Clan Lamont to be exact. I'm a Lamont and a MacGreggor, so I'm using an old kilt o' mine that has seen its last days. I will be cutting it down into the loin cloth look making it a trophy of sorts. Also I'll be going with celtic imagery (thanks for the idea Joe) by etching traditional celtic knots into the groin plate and most likely the crest of the bio. Possible adding knots through out the armor, but that is still up in the air.

Anywho, here's the pic... let a Brutus know what you think, eh?

concept1.jpg

concept1.jpg

Das Brutus,

Welcome to the lair!

Excellent concept art, the Celtic knots and kilt are a great tie- in to the bio

When you get this done and go to any con, you are gonna knock 'em dead in their tracks

----
Ei'luj
jul'iE

Being a Scot also, I LOVE guys in kilts

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back