Daryl Dixon Vest Replica... Pics added!!!

Beeb89

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
"Peanut butter and jelly, diet soda, and pig's feet. That's a white trash brunch right there."

This has been on my "to do list" for a while... Making a Daryl Dixon angel wings vest! I found the correct vest, Wilson Leather Street Legal vest, that allows me to size the wings to the correctly. I used white denim for the wings... I did a "coffee wash" to stain the fabric and make it look worn. After a few experaments with different mediums I settled on the trusty Sarpie pen to do the line work with. I used a light gray Copic marker for the "shading" in the feathers and then ironed it so set the ink in the fabric. BTW, as I found out the hard way, ALWAYS WASH YOUR FABRIC FIRST! My first set of wings shrank quite a bit because I didn't wash the fabric first! I backed then with a bit of fabric glue and stitched them along the outside edge and up the long lower feathers so they are on there to stay! All in all, a really fun project and makes rides on my bike even more fun! ;)

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Peanut butter and jelly, diet soda, and pig's feet. That's a white trash brunch right there."

This has been on my "to do list" for a while... Making a Daryl Dixon angel wings vest! I found the correct vest, Wilson Leather Street Legal vest, that allows me to size the wings to the correctly. I used white denim for the wings... I did a "coffee wash" to stain the fabric and make it look worn. After a few experaments with different mediums I settled on the trusty Sarpie pen to do the line work with. I used a light gray Copic marker for the "shading" in the feathers and then ironed it so set the ink in the fabric. BTW, as I found out the hard way, ALWAYS WASH YOUR FABRIC FIRST! My first set of wings shrank quite a bit because I didn't wash the fabric first! I backed then with a bit of fabric glue and stitched them along the outside edge and up the long lower feathers so they are on there to stay! All in all, a really fun project and makes rides on my bike even more fun! ;)

View attachment 631016View attachment 631017View attachment 631015

View attachment 631015

View attachment 631016

View attachment 631017
nice job so was the screen used vest a Wilson Leather Street Legal vest ?

Honestly it’s been so long ago I don’t remember where I found it… if it was some behind the scenes feature or an article I read about the show.

Though mine is the Street Legal brand it has the Wilson "wheel with wings" logo on the buttons. The one used in filming may have been an older version.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back