Darth Vader Voice Enhancer

DarthVaderSC

I have completed my Darth Vader costume but I need a voice enhancer. I tried buying one at Hyperdyne but they are completely out of stock. I want a voice enhancer that is as original to Vader's voice as possible. Does anyone know where I can get this? I am not mechanically/technologically inclined so as far as me building someone or programming is not an option.

Anyway, that thread is about voice changing mobile apps that can do Vader. If you are an android user, try downloading Robovox and use pitch shift.

You'll need to use either a Y-splitter or iRig to connect your phone with a mic and a speaker.

At this point I need to "HIRE" someone to make a darth vader voice enhancer for me. Please contact me with your contact information and some idea of a price.

Anyway, that thread is about voice changing mobile apps that can do Vader. If you are an android user, try downloading Robovox and use pitch shift.

You'll need to use either a Y-splitter or iRig to connect your phone with a mic and a speaker.
I believe one of my friends in my local 501st Garrison uses this same set-up with his iPod Touch for his Boba Fett voice. He was messing with the tone & pitch settings just to show me what Vader would sound like. It actually sounded pretty darn good, so much so that I've decided to go this route for my son's Lord Starkiller costume. I've been looking for a more affordable alternative to the Hyperdyne V2, which I have for my Vader. The Hyperdyne is AWESOME, don't get me wrong, but it's expensive, & at times hard to get a hold of. In my mind, even if you don't have a iPod Touch, it's worth looking into this avenue, as it may be your cheapest good alternative short of waiting to get a Hyperdyne when it becomes available. I LOVE my Hyperdyne, & still think it's the best sounding option out there, albeit not the only one. Just my 2 cents! Good luck!:cool

I do not know much about an iPod Touch however I did notice different versions. Is the latest version better?

First off, do you have an iPod Touch? It sounds like you don't. If not, you'd have to get one, as you need an iPhone 5 or 6, an iPad, or an iPod Touch to use this app thru. iTunes. I believe the app thru. iTunes works on iOS 7.0 & higher. The app itself only cost $1.99, so the biggest expense is getting a iPod Touch ($180) or an iPhone 5 or 6. The current version is 1.8.1. I don't honestly know which version my friend has for his Boba Fett, & I haven't seen or talked to him in awhile. I assume the latest version is what he has, but I don't know for sure to be honest. I know he had been playing around with the setting on his for quite some time, & had come up with a number of AWESOME sounding voices, including one that sounded very similar to what my Hyperdyne sounds like for doing Vader. There's definitely some trial & error involved in getting the proper sounding voice, but with a little bit of time & patience, you can achieve some pretty AWESOME sounding voices! I'd have to try & PM my friend on my local 501st Garrison forum to find out what his exact set-up is. I don't see or talk to him that often, as he lives quite far from me, & doesn't come to many local events. My son got an iPod Touch for Christmas this year, so all we need to get thing set up for use with his Lord Starkiller now is to buy an iRig and an Aker voice amp. I use 2 6W Akers with my Hyperdyne for my Vader, & that works GREAT. I've been taking a break from trooping lately with my local 501st Garrison, as my parents health has taken a recent turn for the worse, & I am currently caring for both of them. If it weren't for that, I'd probably already have my son's set-up working, & I'd be able to give you much better advice. Don't know if this is a viable set-up for you, but just wanted to throw it out there as an option. Even if you have to invest in an iPod Touch, it's still MUCH cheaper than a Hyperdyne Vortex II or a ROM/FX Revo, which are the 2 high end plug-in play options available. If you're on a tighter budget &/or timeline, the iPod/Robovox may be your best option, but you're going to have to play a bit to find the right setting to sound like Vader. If however you have the funds, & time isn't a problem, the Vortex II or Rom/FX Revo may be better options. There is a little bit of tweaking that's needed even with the Vortex & Rom/FX, as everyone's voice is different, but they are still much more plug & play than other options out there. Don't know if any of this helps you to better decide on what to do, but it's my 2 cents on the subject. Hope this helps you out.:cool

Thank you for taking the time and commenting. I do not have an iphone and know very little about apps. I didn't have the funds years ago to get a hyperdyne when they were in-stock. Now that they are out of stuck I have the money. Guess that is typical! I sent Rom/Fx an email today so I am hoping they get back to me Monday or Tuesday. A good friend of mine is the manager of the local theater and asked me to come dressed for the movie premiere. My costume is very nice but I want to be able to interact with the crowd in real time. I am going to reach out to members in the 501st to see if one of them could meet up with me. Buying the phone and app isn't a problem but I probably couldn't get it working on my own. As I always say about technology....Find a 10 year old to teach this old dog some new tricks!
Thank you again!

Thank you for taking the time and commenting. I do not have an iphone and know very little about apps. I didn't have the funds years ago to get a hyperdyne when they were in-stock. Now that they are out of stuck I have the money. Guess that is typical! I sent Rom/Fx an email today so I am hoping they get back to me Monday or Tuesday. A good friend of mine is the manager of the local theater and asked me to come dressed for the movie premiere. My costume is very nice but I want to be able to interact with the crowd in real time. I am going to reach out to members in the 501st to see if one of them could meet up with me. Buying the phone and app isn't a problem but I probably couldn't get it working on my own. As I always say about technology....Find a 10 year old to teach this old dog some new tricks!
Thank you again!

I totally understand wanting to be able to interact with the crowd at a big event. That's what I LOVE about my Hperdyne Vortex II. It makes a HUGE difference for me at events when I'm dressed as Vader. The reactions I get from people when they realize, "WOW, Vader can talk", is priceless! We have several other Vaders in my local Garrison, but I'm the only one with a Vortex II. It really does make a HUGE difference IMO. The kids especially think I'm the "Real Darth Vader"! GOOD LUCK to you in your quest! If Rom/FX gets back to you, I'd be surprised if they can get something for you by the time you need it, as I've heard the wait for one of their units is quite LONG too! I'm not real current on what the present wait times are for a Vortex II or a Rom/FX, but I know some that have waited 1 year+ to get one! I'd suggest checking in on Hyperdynes site OFTEN too, as he does his in batches. I know when I was in the market for one, I had to wait like 6 months to get one. I was on their site 2-4 times a day checking. Sometimes an entire run can sell out in a matter of hours or days if you're not checking in multiple times daily. Just keep that in mind. If you have friends locally that are members of the 501st, they might be able to look on the 501st forum to see if anyone has a used Vortex II or Rom/FX for sale, as they do come up for sale from time to time. If any of them are members of the Sith Lords Detachment, they could check on that forum too, as they may have something listed there that might not be on the main Legion forum. Again, GOOD LUCK to you in your quest! Hopefully you'll figure it out!:cool

Hi Folks. I'm in the same boat as DarthVaderSC. I've been saving up for a while and have decided on the Anovos Vader costume.

http://www.anovos.com/collections/s...e-strikes-back-inspired-darth-vader-pre-order

Unfortunately without the voice it will not be nearly as impressive. I've been in contact with John at Rom FX and Jim at Hyperdine Labs but both are out of stock and no ETA. I think the Hyperdine Vortex sounds better but due to parts issues Jim is doing a redesign. I've also found this one from Arduino but it requires building it from scratch http://hackaday.com/2012/10/12/arduino-voice-changer-turns-you-into-vader/.

Hey Trooper_trent what do you have in mind for a cheaper alternate option?

Thanks,

So not wishing to add to the mess but I am in the same boat. I am outing together a Boba Fett kit and desperately want the right ‘sound’ as well. Fortunately, I don’t need the ‘static burst’ effect that are so prevalent for the troopers.
A couple of folks from the Dented Helmet sub-forum turned me onto a set up that uses an app called Voice Synth to use with my iPhone6. I bought the Pro version ($9.99) and I admit, it is quite robust! I also picked up a Y splitter, a headset mic, and a 1505 Aker voice amp. Here’s the problem…
All I get is feedback. I am not an audio or electronics guy so I have no idea what settings to even change much less what to change them to to make this all work. It has the potential to be very, very effective, however I need help as well getting the bloody set up to even function. I amy create my own post as well, as I had intended to before I saw this post. If I figure anything out I’ll be sure to post it back here too.
Ethan/MacFett

I retried my setup 2 days ago and it was not that satisfactory as well, I also received feedback.

Using an Aker amp + Y-splitter + samsung note 4 mic (also tried the aker mic) + samsung note 4 phone w/ robovox app ("pitch shift" mode)

3 main problems with this:
1. Gathers the voice of person that is like 50 cm away from the mic and transforms their voice
2. Voice transformation is not very good because my "normal" voice is also being heard (this may be because of the amp, if I use a stronger amp maybe this can be solved)
3. Too much feedback. 2 things on this - strangely there was not much or no feedback on other voice mods of this app. And, if you load the sounds on the app, the transformed voice comes out very clear.

If I were sure the outcome would be better, I'd consider buying a stronger amp (with bluetooth connection maybe) and a throat mic.

I have a ROM FX voice changer with an Aker speaker, but it's a bit bulky for my liking, would prefer to figure out a way to use an iphone app with a Bluetooth mic and wireless speaker....my main question is, does the app allow for the breathing sound to be played from any player at the same time as the voice changer? Any app in particular preferred for Vader's voice? If I can find a good way to set it up I'll happily part with my ROM FX to someone else looking for one, I know they can be hard to find.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back