Darth Vader Tusk Question

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by skillsthebarber, May 24, 2015.

1. skillsthebarber

skillsthebarber New Member

Does anyone know if the Metal Tusks on the Original Darth Vader helmet were found objects or made. If they were found what were they? ive been thinking about if for a while and cant figure out what they would have been.

Thanks

2. Sym-Cha

Sym-Cha Master Member

Quote from Brian Muir, #1 Vader maker on ANH :

'I don't know if the metal tusk ends were specifically made but I have seen the late Nick Harrison (son of Norman Harrison - Elstree Props) state on 'The Making of the Myth' film for Sky Movies 1999 that they were made by Norman's engineering workshop.'

ANH Vader helmet - Just the Facts : http://thepropden.aokforums.com/anh-vader-helmet-just-the-facts-vt1898.html

Chaim

thd9791 likes this.
  3. Probe Droid

Probe Droid Master Member

Were the tusks the same throughout the series?

4. bookface

bookface Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

No. They changed for ROTJ.

thd9791 likes this.
  5. Edwardowan

Edwardowan Sr Member

next time you are in an elevator look up. the construction pads they put up hang on studs that although are twice the size of the Vader Tusks look very much like them. original round head and I've seen the RotJ pointed version in elevators. Its possible there are vintage smaller versions that were used but also possible they were the inspiration for the designer. the last possibility is complete coincidence! :p

1014_padhooks.jpg

studs_3.jpg

CSMacLaren and thd9791 like this.
  6. thd9791

thd9791 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Has anyone looked into Monopod thumbscrews? Theyre the spikes put on the bottom of single stick tripods for cameras, so mono-pods. Free-Shipping-FITTEST-Stainless-Steel-Tripod-Monopod-Spike-for-Manfrotto-Gitzo-RRS-3-8-Inch-Set..jpg