Darth Vader ROTJ SE/LE

How much is a membership?

I want this saber for sure. What is the difference between the LE and SE, other than the fact that the LE is limited?

The SE is the Signature Edition signed by David Prowse. Its also about $150 more than the LE. However the SE is limited to 500 peices. I ordered the SE.

I agree this saber is really neat. I might just have to get one too, but it'll be the LE for sure. I mean... it's not like Mr Prowse has actually laid eyes on any of the sabers. They probably just fedex a box of plaques to his home in England, he signs them and fedexes them right back. Now if I were actually there when he signed it... that would be something. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(DLO Studios @ Sep 13 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]1319585[/snapback]</div>
Its also about $150 more than the LE.
[/b]

$150 bucks more... for ink? Couldn't you just buy a plaque later for much cheaper and have the signature from another site or whatever printed on to it?

It's $60 to join the club and you get to order all or most of their products two days before they're released to the non-members, and sometimes get collector society exclusives and you get a mace windu matte finish mini saber and coupons for other products.

It's $130 more for the SE, but you can order the SE's from authorized dealers in another day or so and will probably be able to get it cheaper than ordering direct.

IMG_0036.JPG

<div class='quotetop'>(JunkSabers1138 @ Sep 14 2006, 02:38 AM) [snapback]1319691[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(DLO Studios @ Sep 13 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]1319585[/snapback]
Its also about $150 more than the LE.
[/b]

$150 bucks more... for ink? Couldn't you just buy a plaque later for much cheaper and have the signature from another site or whatever printed on to it?
[/b][/quote]
The recent MR SEs have a longer plaque with the signature on it. The signed plaques are usually organised by a reputable signature dealer - often OfficialPix. They take pics of the actors signing session, and this is included with the CoA. The exception to this was the Luke ANH SEs where the edition size was not on the plaque, and there was no pic - however MR corrected this by sending out second plaques and pics. MR have confirmed over on Rebelscum that the edition size will be on the plaque, and the pic will be included with the CoA this time. The saber also has Signature Edition stamped on it rather than Limited Edition - but otherwise the saber, case etc. are identical.

If you want a copy of the sig. then what you suggest is fine. However if you're not going to get a chance to meet David Prowse, and you want a gauranteed authentic sig with your saber then the MR SE could be the choice for you.

I'm in for an SE - I love what MR appear to have done with this saber :)

I WANT it. Seems like a pretty high price though. It's annoying that the LEs are so exclusive now. I guess I'll never pick this or a QGJ up for 225 like an Anakin ROTS. They've priced me right out of the market. This is a VERY well-researched saber, but perhaps it will lead to some more accurate parts?

Thank God it's easy to get a Graflex. My drill press stands ready and waiting.

<div class='quotetop'>(Sidewinder @ Sep 14 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]1319907[/snapback]</div>
Looks a bit clean, isn't it supposed to be more tatty?

SAS
[/b]
They seem to have gone for an un-weathered version of this saber.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back