DARTH VADER ROTJ & EMPEROR displays -updated 3.14.12 new pics post #224

GINO

Sr Member
Finally I'm able to show off some progress on my Emperor display.
While I was at it, I figured I might as well take a couple of Emp/Vader pics as well since they were always meant to stand side by side.

Here is how this went down.
- Monday I received the final Emperor robes that I've been working on/off for almost a year (it's hard with juggling so many projects you know).

- Yesterday, I received my Cyberman/Gino head casting in the mail.

- Last night, I trimmed the bust to fit my mannequin, and set off on re-proportioning the mannequin to Ian McDiarmid specs.

- Early next week, I should have my Emperor hands (they'll be unpainted).

I plan to create a step by step thread on finishing the bust on SWP just like I did with the Darth Maul for anyone interested in seeing it.
Whenever I hit a major update, I'll of course keep you posted.

Let me know what you think.

You don't know how long I've waited to take a pic like this.

empfirstlook_6.jpg

Last edited:
Re: ROTJ EMPEROR and DARTH VADER display progress

Looks very good!! The Emperor's pose and hands look great!! Can't wait to see the progress!

INCREDIBLE!!!

I think it would look very natural to have the Emperor slightly in front of Vader covering about 1/3 of his left side. It'd fit nicely in a corner that way as well. That is...if you plan on displaying this in a corner. I find that since I have a 7 year old the corners are generally the safest places.

Frakin AWESOME!!!:love:love

The robes on the Emperor look amazing!!! Can't wait to see him finished and diplayed again with Vader!!

Thanks guys!
Those hands are getting chopped off in favor of my fully posable Emperor specific hands (I'll show them off sometime next week.)

Right now the Emperor mannequin is just resting against the wall, but I plan to affix him to a stand so I can pull him out from the wall a bit more to match Vader.

OMG :eek

This makes all SW-Prop-Exhibits look like the Muppet Show...

Outstanding! Stunning! Awesome!

Awesome. :thumbsup

This should be the new front page for the rpf (with a finished Emperor, of course)... :cool

empfirstlook_6.jpg

As I said when I first PM'ed you ever, you have a good eye for posture and body language. I'm pleased to be able to attribute your Emperor with the same qualities. :thumbsup

Looks great! Now get that thing painted!!!:)

Thanks guys.

If someone would have included castings of the eyes I would have already cut the eyes out. :p

I have to cast up a set (hopefully later tonight) so that I can begin.
After that, it's full force until he's finished.

Hands? Eyes? I want I want!!

Should be a killer display when done....looking forward to seeing it progress.

Amazing work Gino! Its like they stepped off the set and into your house. Keep it up.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back