Darth Vader reveal mask from ROTJ

No problem However I would be no good at sourcing sourcing these parts since I've never attempted one myself but I always admire the skill put into one.
Yeah it's not easy but it's been fun building it but now I'm really keen to get my hands on a ROTJ raw cast so I can build a screen accurate version, wish me luck, it's going to be a fun ride.

Yeah it's not easy but it's been fun building it but now I'm really keen to get my hands on a ROTJ raw cast so I can build a screen accurate version, wish me luck, it's going to be a fun ride.
Aye good look try CFO he does NON REVEAL ones unpainted for 300 something (can't renember whether that was dollars or pounds)

Oh yeah and JMC does a more 'idealised' version of return of the Jedi he also does them unpainted can't renember the price but it obviously gonna be less than a cast from original.

Last edited:
Hi kroenen77, I've built this up from a raw fibreglass blank so all the parts used for the dome have been individually glued in place, as you can see the inside of the dome is bare fibreglass, the only metal on the dome is the central ring but I will be replacing it with a new one which I will hopefully get from bengrim when he is back from his holiday. ( by the way I've seen your work, " very cool " ...
Thanks.I see thats really a problem.You really need a ring inside or something like that.And if you clued the parts on the crown I would use something soft for the ring like foam or something.

Thanks.I see thats really a problem.You really need a ring inside or something like that.And if you clued the parts on the crown I would use something soft for the ring like foam or something.
Thanks for the info, I'll get to work sorting it out, I'm sure that after a bit of head scratching I'll come up with something , I started this journey back in 2014 after seeing your thread on your build, I only hope mine can look half as good as yours when I'm done, I'm starting again with a ROTJ raw cast as soon as I can find one, wish me luck..

Oh yeah and JMC does a more 'idealised' version of return of the Jedi he also does them unpainted can't renember the price but it obviously gonna be less than a cast from original.
Thanks, is JMC a member of the RPF community? I'm waiting to hear back from Manny at portumac but it's good to have options.

Thanks for the info, I'll get to work sorting it out, I'm sure that after a bit of head scratching I'll come up with something , I started this journey back in 2014 after seeing your thread on your build, I only hope mine can look half as good as yours when I'm done, I'm starting again with a ROTJ raw cast as soon as I can find one, wish me luck..
I think your work looks really good.It was only the wrong mask.
PM sent.

Just wondering , can anyone tell me what this part is and where to get one? I know it's some kind of thumb screw or knurled nut but I'm just not sure what kind it is?

Attachments

• 20220531_162642.jpg
    20220531_162642.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 116
Fantastic work, your putting me to shame, I think I better dust off my build take more pain killers tighten my belt and start mine again
Are you doing the inside details of your helmet ?

Hi Ben, yep I hope to start on the inside as soon as I can , I am looking into finding a machinist in my local area but I have to do some homework on dimensions for the vocoder parts and breather parts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back