Limited Run Darth Vader Post ROTJ ILM Lightsaber casting RUN CLOSED

Re: Darth Vader Post ROTJ ILM Lightsaber casting {Now accepting Payments}

Oops - Guess I jumped the gun on Paypal - Thanks for thre refund & I'll try to wait patiently! They look great!

Wow, wasnt expecting this to ship for a few days try at least. Now have the nail biting wait and hoping UK customs let it through quickly.

Dan

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I'm very tempted to paint mine up, but first I need to find a spray chrome paint that will look OK as I don't have an airbrush. I'll probably try an automotive paint from my local Halfords as I've used their primers and paints on many models before with great results.

Might take a while though as I've got a lot going on with family right now, and also a Rubies Vader helmet to mod.

Dan

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
I have an airbrush set up, however, spaz Stix has a chrome finish available in a spray can. I found it on the thread for the obiwan 3d printed saber that someone used and looked really good. Also have you ever tried rub n buff? It's a wax that shines with enough buffing.

Mine arrived today. Looks great and thank you.

Received mine today as well. Thanks to all for making this happen!

I think it fell off of the original and they didn't know where it was supposed to go. It's in the correct spot on the cast. The Barbicon saber has the same greeblie in the same spot as the cast also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I can keep my budgeting in mind do you have an idea of if/when the second run may be a go?

Thanks!

Dave

I MAY need to jump on this. Dammit.

If there's another run... can I get thrown on the list as a potential?

As far as a second run goes, it wont be until at *least* the end of this month. I am heading off to Celebration Europe and wont be back until the 18th, then I will need to order mroe resin, etc. so, you guys have a few weeks

Thanks for posting Tony - I don't have anything like that coming up, so there you have it folks! I'm glad the sabers are arriving safely, you've been a patient crowd :)

ReelFakes is correct, the energizer pictures had the piece in a 'close enough' spot. I seriously wonder how they found the same part since this was so much later. The Barbiacn, ROTJ Vader graflex stunt, energizer saber and these castings all share the same found part.

Sorry I missed posting the tracking numbers - I still posted them all successfully, just dealing with living situations at the moment. Thanks all! When the second run happens I'll post in THIS thread and continue it, using the names already on the wait list. If we do another, there's room for people to get a second saber if they want.

Re: Darth Vader Post ROTJ ILM Lightsaber casting {Run 1 Closed}

Got my customs fee notice today, so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow or Wednesday :)

Dan

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to your second run.

Got my customs notice today too. Not too pleased as THD had put a customs reference on it to lower fees. I should only be paying 5% but they have probably charged me the usual 20%! Great how we have to pay parcelforce £8 for just holding a box!

Anyways, still a great price for this so im happy.

Should receive it tomorrow :)

Don´t mix the 2 possible things to pay.

The 20% has to be paid on each imported product - unless the price is so low that it´s within free limits, for example 25€ in Germany. The 20% were calculated on paid price AND shipping price.

The other thing is the additional fee per item description - it can be 0%, 3, 5, 7 ........ - depending on the item.

You probably better get used to pay these two fees/taxes, in future you in the UK will have to pay that extra for everything bought outside the UK. ;)

I am sorry about the import fees. It's like a foreign language to me, being in the states. I'll continue to try for future shipments. USPS had no valid place for that code so I labeled them as sculptures.

and thanks for the interest! A second run is definitely going to happen late July/early August in a few weeks. Did everyone's boxes and packaging work out okay?

Actually Michael, if it is labeled as hand made sculptures/ art you only pay 5% vat. I dont think i need schooling on the import costs in my own country as ive done it often enough - heck i got back £70 when they tried hitting me on a KingJawa HIC mold. Thanks for stating the obvious regarding the Brexit aswell:p id rather not get into political discussion either.

THD, no worries buddy :) it wasnt any fault of yours.

Actually Michael, if it is labeled as hand made sculptures/ art you only pay 5% vat..

Obvisiously .... not. :D Or the controlling officers weren´t so stupid to believe anything that´s written on the parcels. Some are better, others are lazier, often a game of luck.

I am sorry about the import fees. It's like a foreign language to me, being in the states. I'll continue to try for future shipments. USPS had no valid place for that code so I labeled them as sculptures.

and thanks for the interest! A second run is definitely going to happen late July/early August in a few weeks. Did everyone's boxes and packaging work out okay?
I was expecting to have to pay import fees so I had already taken that into account when working out how much it was going to cost in total, and assumed full VAT anyway as it's such a minefield. Unfortunately here in the UK the postal service charges £8 in addition to the customs fees so we get hit twice.

The only way to reduce it would be to have a specific classification code on the paperwork which I'd expect from a company that is used to dealing with lots of overseas shipping, but for the odd item being sent from someone like yourself I wouldn't expect it.

Dan

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back