Darth Vader Eyes?

mosarmini

Hello fellow RPFers! Today I got an amazing deal, a Rubies Supreme Vader suit for 100! Got a Force FX Light Saber (Vader) for an added 25$ too :D Anyways, the suit is perfect, except for the fact it's missing an eye. So my question to you guys is this, is there any way I can have some 'better' eyes? The Rubies' eyes look cheap, everything else looks pretty good (minus some movie accuracies) but any help is appreciated! :) Here's a picture
IMG_1335.jpg

When I lost a lens I popped out the existing one and walked around the mall until I found a pair of sunglasses with lenses around the same size and contour..I dremeled them to fit and glued them in,vision was much improved too..

When I lost a lens I popped out the existing one and walked around the mall until I found a pair of sunglasses with lenses around the same size and contour..I dremeled them to fit and glued them in,vision was much improved too..

I was thinking of doing that, but the shape of the sun glass's lens doesn't fit the shape of the Vader eye shape :( but I do see what you mean! Also on a side note, I usually hate Rubies products (cheaply made sometimes) but the Vader suit is quite amazing!

How far do you want to go with it? For me I dremeled out the lenses and completely resculpted the sockets, nose, dome and attempted to fix the neck flare as much as possible.

If you don't want to go that far, there are the trik toys replacement lenses.

Triktoys - - Stormtrooper Accessories and Darth Vader Armor Accessories FREE TIPS - Darth Vader™ - Rubies Supreme Edition Darth Vader™ Helmet- Replacement Lenses

Hmmm I'm not exactly sure bro, I'm thinking keeping it simple for now because I'm still a noob at scultping and designing xD, but expanding on it later. Also two other questions if you don't mind me asking:
First, is there any helmet that is full? As in when I take off the dome, the mask is half and held together by a buckle in the back, which is nice and all, but the mask shakes a bit loosely.
Second, any suggestion for a good voice changer? Even if I must make it myself I don't mind, but trying to keep under a budget haha.
Anywho, thanks a lot for the link, I'll probably buy it if no one has any extra lens from replacing it haha

Full face mask? I don't think so... The actual mask was a half piece as well. A full would get even hotter.

Most of the other lenses out there go in from behind. Which means you have to resculpt it. I used Devcon Plastic Weld on mine. It's not that bad. I had to do a lot of sanding though.

Once you start modding it, you'll find a little more about it that will bother you and you'll want to fix a little more here and there.

Full face mask? I don't think so... The actual mask was a half piece as well. A full would get even hotter.

Most of the other lenses out there go in from behind. Which means you have to resculpt it. I used Devcon Plastic Weld on mine. It's not that bad. I had to do a lot of sanding though.

Once you start modding it, you'll find a little more about it that will bother you and you'll want to fix a little more here and there.

Oh really? I never knew that! Learn something new every day haha

I think I'm gonna goo ahead and buy the eye pieces from the link you sent me, but for the future I definitely want a bit more of a domed look for the eyes, will I have to do much to get that?

And yeah man totally agree, the mouth piece looks somewhat crooked, the mesh isn't accurate, the color is good though! :D

Technically not even the colour is accurate. Vader wasn't all black in the movies (except for Ep III)

On my rubies, I riveted the back half of a skateboard helmet to the mask. It sits on your head rather than being strapped to your face. Also, I completely removed the dome mount from the mask and inside the dome. Mine just sits on top of the skateboard helmet and sits at the perfect angle.

For the eyes, I got some motocross goggle lenses that were black. I still need to find a way to bubble them, but for now I just cut two lenses from a vitamin water bottle. Has a pretty good curve and unless you're within inches from it, you can't even tell. That's only temporary for now, plus mine is just a display piece so I don't have to worry about visibility.

On my rubies, I riveted the back half of a skateboard helmet to the mask. It sits on your head rather than being strapped to your face. Also, I completely removed the dome mount from the mask and inside the dome. Mine just sits on top of the skateboard helmet and sits at the perfect angle.

I never even thought of that! I believe I still have a helmet somewhere, that would make A LOT of sense to keep stability too, because currently the helmet somewhat shakes, my head isn't really 'Darth Vader' material :lol

Am I the only one who saw the title of this thread and didn't have a moment where I instantly thought of the Kim Carnes' song "Betty Davis Eyes"? :D

You know, I bet Weird Al could take "Darth Vader Eyes" as a premise and do something pretty funny with that song as a parody...

Am I the only one who saw the title of this thread and didn't have a moment where I instantly thought of the Kim Carnes' song "Betty Davis Eyes"? :D

You know, I bet Weird Al could take "Darth Vader Eyes" as a premise and do something pretty funny with that song as a parody...

Hahahaha! Sorry never heard the song, but if I did I'm surre Weird Al would make one hell of a parody :p

Hahahaha! Sorry never heard the song, but if I did I'm surre Weird Al would make one hell of a parody :p

I'm sure some Star Wars fans are old enough to remember the song from [gulp] 30 years ago, but since you are the guys with the Vader suits unlike me, perhaps you might find enough troopers to back up a Vader and rewrite these lyrics and parody this:
Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes - YouTube

Sorry for the derail, but it would just be so awesomely funny if someone could make this happen. This is the best I can do to start it...

His tusks are pitted gold,
His lightsaber deadly surprise
His hands are robot cold
He's got Darth Vader eyes
He'll turn his saber on you
You won't have time to think twice
His soul is dark as inky coal
He's got Darth Vader eyes

And he'll bait you

He'll provoke you
All the better just to choke you
He's ferocious
And he knows just what it
Takes to make a bloody stump gush
He got aqua-lung raspy sighs,
He's got Darth Vader eyes...

More of the real lyrics here

Oh well. But imagine a really good Leia impersonator singing this; start her off in the buns and gown look, transition to the slave girl bikini, end up on the braided hair on Endor thing.

Okay, sorry it's been a long, overcast and drab Monday and I'm gone loopy.
End derail mode. :behave

I was thinking of doing that, but the shape of the sun glass's lens doesn't fit the shape of the Vader eye shape :( but I do see what you mean! Also on a side note, I usually hate Rubies products (cheaply made sometimes) but the Vader suit is quite amazing!

I'd say trace the existing lens on a piece of paper. Cut it out and then see if the reverse side (mirrored) it will lay in the place of the missing lens. If so, then you have a template. Find sunglasses that are large enough and trace with a marker. You'll have a bunch of filework/Dremel work ahead of you. If you like the results, do both eyes.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back