Darth Vader dome question...

AnsonJames

Sr Member
Hello,

I've heard it said a couple of times that the dome on the DP deluxe Vader is shorter than the actual helmets and various copies.
Is this true and if so how much is missing?

Anson

I think it may be a combination of two things....slightly shorter dome and a tall mounting tube....not exactly how much shorter it is tho....

I've got to agree.........my own Deluxe never looked short in photos...........however I have seen some Deluxes that looked extremely short. It probably has to do with trimming the rings prior to assembly. The give away that it was the mounting system was due to the variation in location of the "widow's peak" to the nose bridge from Deluxe to Deluxe. There was a wide range of those.

Dave

Definitely the mount. Shabazz posted pics of his altered CA Vader and the dome looks perfect. Grant you, it looks like he took the mounting T down 2 inches or so, but it was sooooo worth it.

I would have to agree. The mounting hieght of the dome to the actual mask has a lot to do with the length on the back of the dome when it rests just above the shoulder blades.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boba Frett @ May 5 2006, 03:59 AM) [snapback]1238709[/snapback]</div>
Sorry for the bad pic.
Did they ever use a mounting ring on the originals?
[/b]

No, no on the ANH, as shown, but the ESB and ROTJ helmets used 2 types of mounting rings.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back