Darth Vader dome question...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by AnsonJames, May 4, 2006.

1. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Sr Member

Hello,

I've heard it said a couple of times that the dome on the DP deluxe Vader is shorter than the actual helmets and various copies.
    Is this true and if so how much is missing?

Anson

2. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

I think it may be a combination of two things....slightly shorter dome and a tall mounting tube....not exactly how much shorter it is tho....

3. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member

I've got to agree.........my own Deluxe never looked short in photos...........however I have seen some Deluxes that looked extremely short. It probably has to do with trimming the rings prior to assembly. The give away that it was the mounting system was due to the variation in location of the "widow's peak" to the nose bridge from Deluxe to Deluxe. There was a wide range of those.

Dave

4. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

Definitely the mount. Shabazz posted pics of his altered CA Vader and the dome looks perfect. Grant you, it looks like he took the mounting T down 2 inches or so, but it was sooooo worth it.

5. Darth Detroit

Darth Detroit Sr Member

I would have to agree. The mounting hieght of the dome to the actual mask has a lot to do with the length on the back of the dome when it rests just above the shoulder blades.

6. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

I have a cking (cast off a DP deluxe) and mine is fine. However, I can see how the ring could affect the way the dome sits.

7. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

Sorry for the bad pic.
    Did they ever use a mounting ring on the originals?

8. Darth Phaeton

Darth Phaeton Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boba Frett @ May 5 2006, 03:59 AM) [snapback]1238709[/snapback]</div>
    No, no on the ANH, as shown, but the ESB and ROTJ helmets used 2 types of mounting rings.

9. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member