Darth Vader Classic Action ( CA ) Helmet value?

danzig

Hi.A few days back on ebay I picked a Vader Classic Action Helmet for $75 shipped...The seller listed it wrong.They had it listed as a rubies supreme..So I was just curious if anyone knows the value of these now days? Also are they worth more if they are repainted and modified or left in original form.
This particular helmet is in good condition,minus a few scuff marks on the dome.

Perhaps you could post some good pictures once it arrives ... taken from 6 feet away and then zoom in? That's when folks can truly reply to your inquiry properly :)

Chaim

Perhaps you could post some good pictures once it arrives ... taken from 6 feet away and then zoom in? That's when folks can truly reply to your inquiry properly :)

Chaim

.Heres the helmet.As mentioned I paid $75 shipped.It was listed as a "Supreme" helmet (as in Rubies Im guessing) Its in great condition other than a few scuffs on the dome and its missing the lower grill...I have no plans to sell it anytime soon,but am just curious if it would be worth more down the road to keep it as is or to repaint it and give it new metal grill,tusks and lenses?Thanks
IMG_4620.JPGIMG_4623.JPGIMG_4626.JPGIMG_4627.JPGIMG_4629.JPGIMG_4630.JPGIMG_4631.JPG

Last edited:
I paid about the same a couple of years ago for one already modified. You could look at getting around $150-$175 for it. If you ever want to get rid of it, let me know.

Is your foam lining intact? Mine disintegrated. Because yours is also missing the tusks, you should invest in some metal ones.

I bet you could clean this up to look pretty damned sharp. It appears to be in great shape.

The helmet looks great & has lots of good potential. Since you've got to replace the grill & fix up the dome anyway, I would go all out on it. Repaint in two tone, metal tusks, & correct lower grill.

.Heres the helmet.As mentioned I paid $75 shipped.It was listed as a "Supreme" helmet (as in Rubies Im guessing) Its in great condition other than a few scuffs on the dome and its missing the lower grill...I have no plans to sell it anytime soon,but am just curious if it would be worth more down the road to keep it as is or to repaint it and give it new metal grill,tusks and lenses?Thanks
View attachment 523726View attachment 523727View attachment 523728View attachment 523735View attachment 523736View attachment 523737View attachment 523738

It's not going to be worth anything more as it is a bit scuffed up, missing stuff, etc. Maybe a little more but even if you flip it for $150 you made $75 whole dollars. There was a time these were worth a ton because this and the DP deluxe were your only good Vader helmet options.

You could probably sell it for a bit more as mentioned but just a few pizzas worth.

This is actually a very, very nice helmet. A lot of the old Classic Actions are pretty beat up. My advice is to fix it up, new grills, tusks, paint job, etc. and then just keep it and enjoy. It's a nice base helmet you got cheap. Once you put all the work into it you will want to charge more than most will pay as there are so many option out there now. Quasimodo being the best and Darth Ugly being a great cheaper alternative.

Rather than trying to make a few hundred bucks off a lot of hard work, just fix it and enjoy it. Believe me, I have had to, and still may need to do it and although I can make good money off a prop when all is said and done I don't think I am even making minimum wage.

Re-furbish and enjoy.

Tom

It is a very nice base helmet.

It's not going to be worth anything more as it is a bit scuffed up, missing stuff, etc. Maybe a little more but even if you flip it for $150 you made $75 whole dollars. There was a time these were worth a ton because this and the DP deluxe were your only good Vader helmet options.

You could probably sell it for a bit more as mentioned but just a few pizzas worth.

This is actually a very, very nice helmet. A lot of the old Classic Actions are pretty beat up. My advice is to fix it up, new grills, tusks, paint job, etc. and then just keep it and enjoy. It's a nice base helmet you got cheap. Once you put all the work into it you will want to charge more than most will pay as there are so many option out there now. Quasimodo being the best and Darth Ugly being a great cheaper alternative.

Rather than trying to make a few hundred bucks off a lot of hard work, just fix it and enjoy it. Believe me, I have had to, and still may need to do it and although I can make good money off a prop when all is said and done I don't think I am even making minimum wage.

Re-furbish and enjoy.

Tom

It is a very nice base helmet.

WORD!
Perfectly stated. I forget to add all that in my last post. But Tom1971 said it better than I would've anyway. Refurbish & enjoy it. That's the way to go.

Is your foam lining intact?

Nope.Foam lining is 100% gone

Re-furbish and enjoy.

Yeah very true.I may just fix it up for myself and keep it..Thanks guys

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back