Darth Vader Boots

darthraider

I'm thinking of getting a budget boots (Darth Vader Boots) from CABOOTS for my Rubies Supreme Vader Costume, anyone here has that boots or any other budget boots that you think looks similar to Vader's?

Take a look at these: Sportsmans Guide

I bought a custom ankle black patent boot from CAboots for my Vader back in the day (stormtrooper style). I also bought some really cheap black rubber boots from Eddie Bauer for about $20 which also looked pretty decent. I still have that pair of CAboots -- size 13/14 for $60 if you (or anyone) is interested. The Vader boots on the site . . . you can get the same exact boot for $17.99 plus shipping from a Plats supplier. Contact Jayyy9, he's a Plats supplier.

I tried CABoots and a close knock off. Both in my opinion just aren't good enuf. They are poor quality leather or fake leather and tear easily.

I was thinking of getting some Motorcycle cop boots.

...try a search on ebay for "officer boots".....it's hit or miss really, sometimes you get lucky and find a nice pair cheap.

Originally posted by DarthKahnt@Dec 24 2005, 03:52 AM
DO NOT buy boots from East Coast Costume, they are horrible.
[snapback]1142473[/snapback]​

Thanks all for the feedback...just found a pair of ankle high boots locally. Although not knee high, it looks great with the Rubies shin guards on. I just sent the boots for mods to increase heel height.

I'll post some pics after I got the boots back in one week time... :)

What I use are engineer boots,made by Carolina Boot Co....
I wear these at work,they are available in steel toe and shank and no steel toe.
They come in 12",14" and 18" height,the height really isnt that important If you have a good pair of shins as this will cover them...
I just used an older pair that I had and cut the straps off that go across the metatarsals,with a razor blade

I just got a pair of boots from eastern coast costume. The are perfect and the right price for display purposes. One thing that makes them great for display is a zipper on the inside of the boot, which is nice for homemade mannequins. I would have to agree with Darth Kahnt, I don't know if they would standup to trooping, too bad they look good. The funny thing is I accutually went to the store and there are "ALL SALES FINAL" signs and the cashier said "incase you didn't know, all sales final." I had to laugh.

Originally posted by Darthmagpie@Jan 16 2006, 01:47 PM
I just got a pair of boots from eastern coast costume.  The are perfect and the right price for display purposes.  One thing that makes them great for display is a zipper on the inside of the boot, which is nice for homemade mannequins.  I would have to agree with Darth Kahnt, I don't know if they would standup to trooping, too bad they look good.  The funny thing is I accutually went to the store and there are "ALL SALES FINAL" signs and the cashier said "incase you didn't know, all sales final."  I had to laugh.
[snapback]1160461[/snapback]​

Yep, there's a reason all sales are final because if they had to refund every crappy pair of boots they sold, they'd go bankrupt pretty quick. :p

Darthmagpie, you're right about those boots being good for display purposes, they dont look too bad but the quality is the big issue.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back