Darth Vader at local Elementary School

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
I was contacted by a local elementary school to participate in an annual reading rally for the school. The kids in this school are ages 5-11.

As I said, it is an annual event and many well-known locals participate. I was honored to have been asked and was happy to do the event. I had a blast and helped encourage the kids to read. The school principal said I was by far the most demanded person to read in the individual classrooms. Here are some pics:

dsc23873yr.jpg

dsc23699wy.jpg

dsc23677jq.jpg

dsc23589tb.jpg

dsc23527wv.jpg

Enjoy. As I said, it was a fabulous event and the children loved it.

AWESOME...

What a rewarding way to use the hobby..

Kudos to you for taking the time to help our youth...you didn't recruit any for the dark side did you?

:p

mutt

LOL. That is absolutely wonderful. Cool to see you take the time and the kids enjoy it so much. Works like this is what makes the hobby all the better and enjoyable to see.

Anybody weirded out seeing a character that murdered younglings teaching them to read? :lol

".....and the brave Sith knights destroyed the evil Jedi, and good King Palpatine ruled the kingdom."

After Revenge of the Sith, I see the character a bit differently then the SW icon he was before.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eddie vader @ May 12 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]1243109[/snapback]</div>
Very cool. How difficult was it to see out of the helmet? Was your voice morphed?

E. Vader
[/b]

I could see very clearly and had no problem reading the books.

I just deepen my own voice, I dont have a changer or anything like that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(muttley @ May 12 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]1243097[/snapback]</div>
AWESOME...

What a rewarding way to use the hobby..

Kudos to you for taking the time to help our youth...you didn't recruit any for the dark side did you?

:p

mutt
[/b]

Thanks. It is a very rewarding way to use the hobby. I try to do stuff for local charities and schools whenever I can. Myself and TK-427 usually do these types of things together but he had to work that day.

The principal warned me prior to the event about using the force to recruit kids to the dark side. She warned me, no jedi (sith) mind tricks. :D

.I wish i could have made it , i love these events, we are going to raise money though soon for a childerns camp. that should be a blast , we will post pics of that . good job chris...

That's great. :thumbsup That's exactly the type of stuff I want to do, but I haven't had many opportunities to. Conventions just aren't my thing, it's all about putting the smiles on kid's faces.

Very cool, dude - that's what it's all about, making people smile. :)

But did these kids not see EPI III? :p Book or not, I'd be scared.

Wonderful photos and looks like you did a terrific job....those kids look captivated by your presence ;). Seeing kids at that age respond to the costume is the greatest reward of all.... :)

:cheers,

Thomas

VERY COOL...

You know, in years to come, I bet a few of those kids will still be friends and, at some time they'll say "Hey remember when Darth Vader came to school........" It's one of those things that they'll never forget.

Well done :)

Cheers,

Kraig

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ May 13 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]1243672[/snapback]</div>
Wonderful photos and looks like you did a terrific job....those kids look captivated by your presence ;). Seeing kids at that age respond to the costume is the greatest reward of all.... :)

:cheers,

Thomas
[/b]

Yes, it is indeed Thomas.

I usually don't have a problem getting people captivated by my presence. I'm 6'6 and 240 pounds without the costume on so kids are pretty awestruck when they see me at 6'10 in the costume. :D

<div class='quotetop'>(animetronic @ May 13 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]1243827[/snapback]</div>
Im suprised they weren't afraid of you after you killed kids at the Jedi Temple. :lol

What do you use to amplify your voice?
[/b]

Nothing. I have a voice amp but I have a powerful voice naturally so I make good use of it. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(yakcam @ May 13 2006, 07:37 PM) [snapback]1243819[/snapback]</div>
VERY COOL...

You know, in years to come, I bet a few of those kids will still be friends and, at some time they'll say "Hey remember when Darth Vader came to school........" It's one of those things that they'll never forget.

Well done :)

Cheers,

Kraig
[/b]

I know if I were that age and Darth Vader had walked into my classroom that I would have talked about it for the rest of my life.... :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back