Darth Vader ANH Helmet Replica Props - Which is Best?

CiRE

Hello all, I am a newbie here to this forum (just registered) but have been a die-hard Darth Vader fan ever since I was 9 years old back in 1977 when the first Star Wars movie came out. Anyway, I just had a question about Vader helmets. As far as ANH "fan made" helmets, what is considered the very best in terms of quality & accuracy to the original movie prop? I've seen a lot of threads here concerning this very question, including the topic regarding the recent release of the EFX AHH helmet, but nothing seems conclusive. I have an SPFX ANH Vader helmet I bought a few years ago and it's been my pride & joy (the best looking Vader helmet I've ever owned) however SPFX doesn't seem to be highly regarded these days, perhaps because of the person who made it? Regardless, I think it's an awesome helmet & a wonderful piece of craftsmanship. But what is the best out there?

Have you by any chance tried the 'Search' feature ?

This question has been asked, twice in the last year IIRC, and reading those Threads there is a wealth of information already on the RPF.

To answer your question, there is no 'best' fan-made helmet.

All have their Pros and Cons, and most are derived from a screen cast generations ago, but if accuracy is your goal then you need a direct cast from an original mold/helmet- and even then there is debate over which one of those is 'best'.

'Best' is really opinion anyway, it comes down to what is best for what you want.

Besides the already given advice - did you decide which version you want to display ? Looking at the picture you attached, there's no match from helmet to the rest of the pieces - or the other way round :confused

Anyhow, take your time and explore the boards here, broaden your knowledge to get into the mystic of building a Vader ;)

Most screen accurate there is no question. It's the new EFX ANH Vader. For me I'm not sure as I like my props more idealized than the Legend and maybe the Limited Edition. Have to wait and see. If you are looking for screen accurate that's it.

I agree with the other comments though that best may be a matter of opinion up until the EFX Vader. I'm happy to answer the best question IMO of course. The "search" option is great obviously but it can get over whelming and sometimes one does not have hours and hours to read through another debate about the "C" scar to find a simple answer so there is mine for you.

I just like props they way they were supposed to look. That's just me. So fingers crossed that the L.E. Vader is more idealized than the prototype pics.

Here and propden have some incredible Vader makers though so you can find what you want.

another good resource for you

Star Wars Helmets

yes, and i agree that the Legend eFX vader is by far the most accurate according to pictures, specs and so on... but its not out yet, so you never know.. :)

There are 3-4 ANH helmets which are absolutely highend. Each has its pro's and con's but most of them are not available so the best option is certainly the eFX. Also you dont have to do any work to it.....maybe a better paintjob but thats it.....just unpack and display:)

If you are looking for the ultimate, then I would say this one:

SLANHDCG1Rd.jpg

SLANHDCG1Rc.jpg

There is no other ANH Vader helmet that has the same level of accuracy, pedigree, and fine detail as this one. And if there is I would like to see it.

Is the eFX still on sale ?
I know the Legend sold out right away i dunno about the LE is that still available ?
If not that puts the eFX in the same situation as the above with regards to availability except eFX aint gonna be producing more and i can't see too many people offloading theirs any time soon unless they aren't happy with the product they receive or they're in financial bad straights and need the cash.
Most people aren't gonna spend hundreds of dollars and wait a good long time for something to just sell it on right away.

They are still available at numerous authorized EFX retailers. Just go to EFX website and they have a list. Several of them still have the Vader available.

SLANHDCG1Rd.jpg

SLANHDCG1Rc.jpg

There is no other ANH Vader helmet that has the same level of accuracy, pedigree, and fine detail as this one. And if there is I would like to see it.

WooooWWWWWww Beautiful!! :eek:eek

if accuracy is your goal then you need a direct cast from an original mold/helmet- and even then there is debate over which one of those is 'best'.

From a certain point of view.

'Best' is really opinion anyway, it comes down to what is best for what you want.

SLANHDCG1Rd.jpg

SLANHDCG1Rc.jpg

Astonishing helmet!!!! How would i go about getting hold of one of these? And how much would it cost?

Rich

Get the eFX, it's the best currently on the market. :)

Have you actually seen the eFX LE helmet in person? I've seen tons of stock photos & a few pictures of the prototype, but none from anyone on this forum who actually owns one. Does anyone actually have one yet, or are they still on pre-order?

SLANHDCG1Rd.jpg

SLANHDCG1Rc.jpg

Whoa, now that is an awesome helmet!

Most screen accurate there is no question. It's the new EFX ANH Vader. For me I'm not sure as I like my props more idealized than the Legend and maybe the Limited Edition. Have to wait and see. If you are looking for screen accurate that's it.

I agree with the other comments though that best may be a matter of opinion up until the EFX Vader. I'm happy to answer the best question IMO of course. The "search" option is great obviously but it can get over whelming and sometimes one does not have hours and hours to read through another debate about the "C" scar to find a simple answer so there is mine for you.

I just like props they way they were supposed to look. That's just me. So fingers crossed that the L.E. Vader is more idealized than the prototype pics.

Here and propden have some incredible Vader makers though so you can find what you want.

No doubt the stock photos of the EFX LE look very impressive in terms of the accuracy of the mold & paint scheme to the original filmed ANH, but I'd like to see one for myself or at least pictures from someone on this forum who owns one.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back