darienvader

I've been working on this one for a couple weeks trying to get things as perfect as they can, and I'd really love to find the original push-button lens covers in green and red but can't find the source anywhere (I had it once, but it's no longer in my bookmarks). Anyways...all the parts I made in Tinkercad online then had printed through Shapeways. The slots and rods were airbrushed with Molotow Liquid Chrome Ink; rockers and lens covers were painted with rattle cans (the green is 'Surgery' Montana Black). I made a mold of the base (3D printed by Blue Cat Lab) and cast it in black Onyx from Smooth-On. Overall, I think it came out great...

31957617488_119d0ab479_b.jpg

30888723617_d0318f12fe_b.jpg

31957617278_afe91b850e_b.jpg

30888723717_178ffc670e_b.jpg

Does anyone have a link to the lens covers???

Thanks Rob! And special thanks to Cantina_Dude for the technicals! Super hard to get the exact angles on the coin slots, but it has been achieved!

Wow, that was over 10 years ago! :lol: I'm happy to have been a help back then and it's wonderful to see your new work! (y)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back