Darth vader and Stormtrooper mannequin

chalback

Sr Member
Hey guys well I'm almost at the end of collecting all my esb vader parts and just got my RS trooper suit I was wondering if you guys could give any suggestions to mannequins to look into or post any pics of yours or building pics that you have done or modded.

Nothing guys? Iv seen some of your guys darvers and stormtroopers and they look amazing any help from you guys would be great please.

All I did was take some plastic pipe and made my mannequin to the same size as my 6ft body. I bulked it up using carpet foam underpad. Hope this helps!

Hey guys what are your thoughts on these for Darth Vader?
MN-333__24706_zoom.JPG

Measurements:
6'5" Tall
41" Chest,
33" Waist,
39.5" hip,
16" Neck,
34" Inseam

or

MN-136__47709_zoom.jpg

Measurements:
6' 2" Tall
36" Chest
31.5" Waist
39" Hip
18" Shoulder
15" Neck

or

flexible_mannequin_MM71.jpg

Height - 74"
Chest - 37"
Waist - 30"
Hip - 36",
Shoulders - 20"

Being semi local I get all my forms here:
Shop Male Mannequin & More at DisplayImporter.com

Right now they have some footless and headless half off deals at $80 but you have to call for info. I was just there yesterday and had seen they had about eight of them. Just generic hands to the side strait legged versions.

For Vader I would do this one not just for the height but its got some swagger to it. Most displays have a stick up their butt uptight stance. This one is a little relaxed but in costume it will appear more lifelike. To get a couple more inches in height out of it, build up the shoulders and chest area, cut the head off at the upper neck/jaw area and extend it with a PVC pipe. That way its filled out proper while not looking like its got T-Rex arms.
Buy Standing Masculine Male Mannequin with Base - MN-159 from DisplayImporter.com

and troopers since the arms are adjustable:
Buy Full Size Male Mannequin with Flexible Arms - MN-136 from DisplayImporter.com
Buy Men's Mannequin with Flexible Arms and Interchangeable Heads - MN-199 from DisplayImporter.com

I got mine from ebay from user fashion-windows. Just search tall male mannequin (for Vader) You'll have to take a hacksaw and cut off the top of the head to get the helmet to sit where it needs to. I think I offered $125 shipped and they accpeted the offer.

John

Here's what I'm doing with mine. 6'4 mannequin, 6'7 with boots and helmet. Cut arms at the elbows and reattached with metal brackets. Added articulate hands. And beefed up to David Prowse's size. Going for a hands on belt look. Be sure to beef yours up, they never look right when they're skinny Vader's!

Attachments

• IMG_20150422_074144.jpg
    IMG_20150422_074144.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 304
Can that mannequin stand on his own with everything on ... or does it need a steel rod or so through one of the boots attached to a floor board?

Chaim

It has a rod through the boot. I will be changing the glass base with a custom cloud city Carbonite chamber light base. But will still use the rod through the boot

Where did you get your articulated hands, or did you make them? Can they hold something heavy like a fx lightsaber?

Where did you get your articulated hands, or did you make them? Can they hold something heavy like a fx lightsaber?
They're on eBay...only like $15 bucks. As far as holding items, you can screw a large zip tie into the palm and zip tie the saber to his hand. Then just wrap the fingers around it, you won't even see the zip tie

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back