Darth Vader 3d Print File Comparisons

shenphong

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Much like the mando helmet comparison posts I started in other groups on fb (will be sharing here shortly as well) I'm hoping to do a Vader comparison with 3d print files. Figured some folks may be interested. It will be a comparison of free and paid options, compared to my LE eFX and even the PCR Vader as a base.

3d Print Armory files are the first to go and he has some impressive Vader 3d files for printing. Trying out the R1 Vader helmet and so far so good. Messed up the dome a bit due to my settings (no supports in the middle so the dome mount failed) but thats an easy add on later. Much like the mando helmet comparison posts I started in other groups, I'm hoping to do a Vader comparison with 3d print files as well. Figured some folks may be interested. Power cut out half way through but I was able to measure, cut digitally and print the 2nd half with almost perfect mating of the 2 pieces. I believe he also goes by Fett22 here on the forums.

2tSGfG7l.jpg

46yRhfHl.jpg

mWoCamXl.jpg

I just got it earlier yesterday. I like the look of it, curious as to how he got the shape of the cutout at the bottom chin though. The dome, the eyes and so many little details are pretty great, while the side tubes are a bit too cleaned up for my tastes, nothing some putty and sanding couldn't improve.

Ooo, will definitely be keeping an eye on this one. :cool: There's one file in particular I've seen around that I have my eye on, that is a Vader Reveal kit and comes in something like 16 pieces - here's hoping that makes it onto your list. :cry:

Nice work.(y)
Do you have the link to the post about the mando helmet comparison ?

its been mostly on fb, its basically in most major mando groups. I had been waiting for my replacement efx mando helmet to come in (just got it end of week last week) to have physical side by sides so continuing again soon. Here's a couple of photos as examples and links to my posts.

Just search my name Tony Le in the groups and you should bring them up.

hCtxmmRl.jpg

OnQdr15l.jpg

EiOudRfl.jpg

I just got it earlier yesterday. I like the look of it, curious as to how he got the shape of the cutout at the bottom chin though. The dome, the eyes and so many little details are pretty great, while the side tubes are a bit too cleaned up for my tastes, nothing some putty and sanding couldn't improve.

hello , the chin triangle was cut out using the battlefront mesh as a template, and then compared to reference images , i hope its not to far from the ESB helmet.
Thanks

Hello everyone, I’m pretty new to printing so I’m having trouble scaling and dividing files. I’m trying to find a Vader helmet for my son that’s not 3 sizes to big for me and makes him look like a bobble head. Any suggestions or tips on scaling? Thanks

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back