Unlimited Run Darth Ugly Vader helmet - ANH / ESB / ROTJ

Sorry guys, I wasn't aware that people were using this thread as a means of getting in touch with me. I've sent PM's out with updates.

My ESB Ugly came..and its all but ugly.. LOVE IT !!!

0207655261359508_2414098210430276877_n_zps0qkogbth.jpg

0207655261199504_7549594793091448884_n_zpsvyi6rqpc.jpg

It took a while.. but it was worth it at the end. Thanks a lot Paul !

bookface, Just letting you know that I my PM Inbox was full and got a notification of your incoming message...however it seems your inbox is full too! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
@bookface, Just letting you know that I my PM Inbox was full and got a notification of your incoming message...however it seems your inbox is full too! :p

Weird, I just checked my storage and I should have had space for another 200 messages. Have you cleared out some space? I tried to send you another message and got the same result!

Weird, I just checked my storage and I should have had space for another 200 messages. Have you cleared out some space? I tried to send you another message and got the same result!

Ok I think I know what happened- My subscription for the RPF expired and I presume automatically told me my storage is restricted...went in and had to delete quite a few messages..

Between the esb and rotj darth ugly helmets, which one has the more glossy/shinny look.

They get exactly the same finish. It's possible in the movies that the ESB face wasn't quite as glossy as the ROTJ one but given how often they dulled things down for camera or lighting, I don't know if it's a look that I want to replicate.

They get exactly the same finish. It's possible in the movies that the ESB face wasn't quite as glossy as the ROTJ one but given how often they dulled things down for camera or lighting, I don't know if it's a look that I want to replicate.

One last question. So the quasi esb and darth ugly esb have the same glossy/shinny level or is one more shinny/glossy then the other in person.

To add to that, incidentally, people ask about ROTJ and the different scenes and the varying gloss.

• The Death Star landing bay is the look people like to emulate the most as that sported a glossy dome.
  • The scene of Luke confronting Vader on the catwalk on Endor was not so glossy.
  • The scene where Vader had been fighting Luke almost looks dirty and more matte - and on that note, if you'll observe those scenes carefully, that is the Stunt helmet, complete with the thick lower lip and the cheeks cut out and lenses are inserted.
One can probably make an argument for all the varieties we see.

For ROTJ we chose to generally recreate the look most people associate with ROTJ, in particular the scene he arrives by shuttle onto the Death Star as seen here: http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/dvd/ep6/rotj052.jpg - however, some paint their ROTJ too dark (near black), and I think that is due in part to the overall darker lighting levels as a result of LFL video editing, and in part because that landing bay has a LOT of off-screen black on the walls and floor, and the metallic gray surfaces are reflecting that black, but they are not actually that supremely dark as you can see in other parts of ROTJ.

Is it possible to buy just a dome?

The reason why domes cannot be sold separately is that masks and domes/helmets are not arbitrarily interchangeable. Masks and domes vary in size and shape, and randomly bringing them together does not create slam-dunk results. With Quasimodo, for example, I did a lot of original sculpting work to calibrate the mask and dome so that they are both a functional and artistic unison.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back