Darth Traya - Original Concept - WIP

Alora Vayne

Hey all. First thread, so be gentle! :p

I'm Liz, of AuraBlu Cosplay. I've been making costumes for two or three years now and thought I'd post the latest here.

I'm currently in the process of constructing a Darth Traya cosplay... however, I wasn't too keen on the idea of an old woman shrouded in heavy robes. So, I decided to concept out an ensemble that still had the feel of Traya, but was more appropriate for a younger version of her. I've also recently started lightsaber choreography classes with the Jet City Saber Guild, so I wanted something that would look amazing as I moved.

So far I have begun construction on the skirt, undersleeves, and headpiece. I'll add to this thread as progress continues. :)

Skirt Materials: Raw Silk. Leather and other adornments under construction.
Skirt_3.jpg

Base of headpiece. White wig already acquired. Center stone and supplementary hair extensions on the way. Bands in concept phase.
headpiece_1.jpg

Undersleeves:
Undersleeve_1.jpg

Bell sleeves done!
Sleeves_1.jpg

Headpiece and front hairpiece. Headpiece is covered in genuine lambskin leather.
headpiece_3.jpgheadpiece_4.jpgheadpiece_5.jpg

Skirt strips, genuine lambskin leather.

Skirt_Strips_1.jpg

Last edited:
Finished sewing together all the panels for the undersleeves (talk about monotonous work). Now all that's left is to sew them to fit my arm. They'll peek out from inside the bell sleeves, so they're a bit short, since you'll only ever see the forearms.
Undersleeve_1.jpg

Welcome to the RPF.
Seattleite here as well. (really NE Tacoma)
Looks great so far.

Thanks! I went and ordered some red suede/black leather, and went out to get the cabochon for the headpiece and a few other knicknacks today. I'm hoping to have a good amount of work done on the headpiece by the end of the long weekend. :)

Headpiece is coming along quite nicely. :) Hairpieces hand sewn together, and will be attached to the balaclava.
headpiece_3.jpgheadpiece_4.jpgheadpiece_5.jpg
I have also purchased a lightsaber prop from Vader's Vault. I'm absolutely in love with it and SUPER antsy for it to get to me, even though I only ordered it a week ago and it's not due for 2-4 more weeks. :(

Dark_Havoc_Saber_1.jpg

This is really looking very good. I'm not familiar with this character but I like the look of this so far.

So after a few adjustments, here it is, complete except for the headpiece.

I need to adjust a snap and put some interfacing in the shoulder are of the tabard (so it doesn't sag) but it performed well in combat today and I'm really happy with how comfortable it is. Now to put some real work into Traya's headpiece. I have till the end of August, so I can really take some time and do the best work possible on it.

complete2.jpg

Beautiful work.
I love seeing the female costumes based off care, craftsmanship and authenticity, over curves and cleavage.
I applaud you.
Awaitnig more.

Beautiful work.
I love seeing the female costumes based off care, craftsmanship and authenticity, over curves and cleavage.
I applaud you.
Awaitnig more.

I am way too much of a Star Wars geek to go against canon stylewise. As sexy as I may get would be Asajj Ventress, and that's still fairly modest. I'm out to portray a character, not show off boobies. Hahahah.

And thank you!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back