Darth Maul w/ robot legs

I would think with it only airing (in the US anyway) 48 hours ago, No. :)

The design has been floating around for years though...nothing new there. So, I am surprised that I haven't seen anyone trying to pull it off yet. I do think it can be done, but you'd have to take some liberties with it.

While watching that episode, I decided to do the robo-leg darth maul costume if I were ever in an accident and lost both my legs. As of now, I'd rather not lose my legs, so I think I'll have to hold off on this one. :)

I'll be honest Ive been thinking about it... but really wouldnt know where to start, those legs would be pretty hard to duplicate ...given current human leg design, grant it there is the digitigrade stilts but it still seems like a problem proportionally.

looking at proportions, you'd either have to strap the living bewhosis out of your legs to make them work, or adjust to fit normal human legs.

I'd love to make something like that with digitigrade stilts, reminds me of Gargoyles...

visionaries_darth_maul.jpg

65527.gif

there was not much interest at 700 bucks a set, so the project never went forward i believe.....

with the design above, the hips are inhuman so it would be hard to pull off.

I've wanted to make a set of "weta Legs' for years. I just can't figure out the type of materials that I need to build it. Need some kind of tough plastic or metal working skills, neither of which I have.

The stilts are what I need to build, I think I may have some ideas on how to pull off the rest. Need to talk to some welders to make the stilts first.

I think I'm actually going to start some of the maul legs. I think I'm going to make them to where they r fake thighs that would connect to my knees ,and put a ,some kinda plate on the shins

Actually I have just started making this costume also.
Here is the link to my build-
http://www.therpf.com/f24/cyborg-darth-maul-costume-wip-148257/
Still in the very early stages. I have ordered the Weta digilegs a few weeks back and should be in any day now. When they arrive I can evaluate just much needs to be done to cheat the eye in getting those hips narrow.
Good luck with your build, I shall be keeping a keen eye on your progress.

I was just reading that thread waitin for some progress good luck to u 2

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back