Darth Maul Force Fx Review & bunch of Pic`s

Originally posted by Prop-Maker@Mar 24 2006, 08:46 PM
I think he was trying to be funny or elaborate on a point he was about to make.
[snapback]1212779[/snapback]​

I'm pretty sure Allosaur176 was being funny too ;) Poking fun at the communities excessive attention to detail (Maul was always wearing gloves when his hands were seen on screen)

Considering the digital sound from the movies, it is rather lazy of MR not to use the correct sound for each saber. However, maybe they aren't to blame. Perhaps ILM or LFL were unable or unwilling to make the digital recordings available to them. Who knows? Maybe they thought we wouln't notice... that would be pretty foolish.

I'm still interested inspite of the sound issue. I just won't buy until I know it can be modified with relative ease. I don't mind redoing solders, but I'm not interested in having to break parts to dissassemble it.

well......I must be easily pleased... ;)
I've got a Vader, and I love EVERY SINGLE BIT of it from the hilt to the blade.

As a 13 year old kid, when I first saw Star Wars in 1977, I was COMPLETELY "Gob-Smacked" by the idea of a lightsaber.

The FX sabers are definately the closest ANY of us are ever going to get to a "real" one

OK, so we've established that I'm deaf...:)

And yes, I know Darth Maul wore gloves...(rolls eyes)

But these things are horrifically inaccurate. If the Maul hilt is better than, say the Windu or the ROTJ, is it a crime if the sound's a bit off? I think it looks pretty snazzy (though the dual covertechs annoy me).

Originally posted by RedTwoX+Mar 26 2006, 02:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedTwoX @ Mar 26 2006, 02:10 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Prop-Maker
@Mar 24 2006, 08:46 PM
I think he was trying to be funny or elaborate on a point he was about to make.
[snapback]1212779[/snapback]​

I'm pretty sure Allosaur176 was being funny too ;) Poking fun at the communities excessive attention to detail (Maul was always wearing gloves when his hands were seen on screen)

[snapback]1213418[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yep, exactly what I was doing :)

I'm not sure whether or not I like the activator switch... Is it easy to switch it on using 1 finger?? or do you think it should be a "push" button???

Originally posted by allosaur176@Mar 26 2006, 10:44 PM
  I'm not sure whether or not I like the activator switch... Is it easy to switch it on using 1 finger??  or do you think it should be a "push"  button???
[snapback]1213927[/snapback]​

The Hasbro toy had a push button. I kept turning it off twirling and "fighting" my buddy's son with it. Bad idea. I'm hoping the dial activator won't be so easey to inadvertently turn off.

I looked over the review KalKamel linked too. I'll read it in detail later. It looks like MR found a good solution for the buttons not lining up. That was a major sticking point for some folks in another thread.

Originally posted by RedTwoX@Mar 27 2006, 03:12 AM
The Hasbro toy had a push button.  I kept turning it off twirling and "fighting" my buddy's son with it.  Bad idea.  I'm hoping the dial activator won't be so easey to inadvertently turn off.
I don't think Darth Maul would have lasted as long as he did with a lightsaber like that. :p
In the movie, he activates both sides of the lightsaber, one after the other. With the gloves he wears, he probably has a better grip to turn the dials that activate each blade.

I got mine a few days ago. Just wanna remind that if you wanna connect both battle damaged sabers together to make one darth maul lightsber, you might wanna take out one of the PDA knob on one end of the saber, so that will look more screen accurated.

Azuma

I believe the emitter is made of plastic, the color look different than the rest of the parts, and it is piece part unlike the other fan-made Maul lightsber which have the fins attched to the emitter... (the ones I have are like that)

Azuma

Originally posted by RedTwoX@Mar 23 2006, 06:44 PM
What is the emitter made out of?  Is it metal like the rest of the hilt, or plastic?
[snapback]1211799[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back