Darth Maul Display Costume

Kenblomi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am currently working on updating my Darth Maul display... I have dressed as Maul several times for Halloween and have acquired different pieces for the outfit over the years and it looks pretty impressive to the untrained eye, but its still very far from screen accurate... I currently have mostly a modified Utopia Base suit... some of you may be familiar with it... wrong material, ect...

I've been seriously considering purchasing a Kropserkel suit, but I want to make sure its worth the price tag... It looks pretty frickin sweet from pictures i've seen, but i have also read some mixed reviews on the RPF...

Anybody got any advice there..?

Last edited:
Here is a crappy picture of my current mannequin build up without the head... I had a stuffed mask on it but it was removed for ridiculousness... Im still waiting for my New Zing Display mannequin i ordered to arrive... it should be here by next week!

697347188_2493422173_0.jpg

Last edited:
Also... if anybody is looking for a nice set of glass eyes at a low cost I found a guy named Tony that does custom work... http://www.tohickonglasseyes.com/ ...I was a bit nervous about how they were gonna turn out because they only charged me $35 to custom make the eyes. However, I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived...
697347179_2493422143_0.jpg

I have also been trying to get a hold of a pair of the infamous Titan 101's for about 2 years now, and I've had a few close calls but no luck yet... I'm working with a pair of Frank Thomas Aqua's now i believe... They have the double arrows on front and a the toe looks the same but they zip up the side instead of the velcro straps and they're just not right!... I would really like the genuine boots if anybody has any help there... been searching Ebay.UK almost everyday for like 2 years now... :confused

So far so good! I seen Darth Maul at comic con New Orleans yesterday and he looked pretty damn amazing! (he was from the 501st, respectively)

The saber in the picture is an just an old Hasbro toy saber I got way back in the day with the blades removed...
101_0093.jpg

I have a MR Duel saber with the non-removable blades but the batteries die way too fast on that thing... I was planning on getting a new MR Saber with the removable blades... which reminds me...

Anyone got any ideas on how to convert a MR saber to plug into the wall... I just think it would be really cool if you could turn on the saber with a light switch or remote or something like that... Does anything like that even exist? Electronics aren't really my area of expertise... Any ideas?

how did you make his lightsaber??

I just remembered i got a new camera for Christmas, so here are some better photos of what I'm working with so far... be gentle..
101_0100.jpg

101_0099.jpg

101_0097.jpg

101_0095.jpg

Like I said Im in the market for a complete new suit... I'm strongly considering a Kropserkel suit but I've read mixed reviews... Is there something better out there (before I drop about a grand on this thing)...?

Titans are a nightmare to find, your best bet is to just keep at it, I got lucky and was offered a pair for sale by a member who had several pairs, one of which just happened to be in my size.
Just need the rest of the kit now.

I use the Pepsi Maul Statue robes, If you can find the Pepsi Statue robes they are really close to the real thing. You are going to have a extremely hard time trying to make it Screen accurate the material used for the inner robe was commisoned for the movie and the outer tunic material was found in Thailand I believe. the Titans are almost impossible to find now, I have a pair in size 12 that took me years to find. The display actually looks pretty good with what you have now.

That is a sweet set!

I have a friend who is a make up artist that went as Maul for Halloween this year.

Impressive!

Hey Thanks... My new Mannequin arrived last week so i will post new pics soon, and i think i also finally found the Maul suit i've been waiting for or it found me... will post pics of that as well once i get it... gonna be a little while tho...:cool

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back