Darkwatch Video Game Props

not to get your hopes up on this, i REALLY dont want to be the bearer of bad news... but rubies has had some GREAT promo shots of stuff.... and horrible abominations released instead of it.

biggest one is the adult "deluxe" comic batman or superman. granted the superman one just looks bad in the promo shot, the batman looks pretty awesome. the real deal though... falls way short.

i havent played the game yet, but those guns look sweet. im gonna keep an eye out for this costume near halloween :D

thanks for the heads up. always glad to add a new bookmark to the list :)
chris

oh i know that man, i never get my hopes up for rubies stuff, im just surprised to see this stuff at all though, so random. The guns look about the quality their stuff comes out to be though so I dont think it will change much...wonder if theyll sell the badge too..

grabbed some pics from the other costume images and put em together and compared to drawings of the gun from the game, man this thing is accurate, just hope it stays that way. Will obviously need a few upgrades but its pretty darn good.

darkwatchgun.jpg

I absolutely love the video game, and I am SOOOO getting that gun. (BTW, when is it coming out??)

I picked this little piece up a few months back -

darkwatchbadge.jpg

DS

September is the date I saw...

I entered my email to the Rubies site above to be notified when they're out.

Re: Holy Crap! DarkWatch Rubies Stuff?!

just wanted to bump this thread up, i know its old and dead but I just not got a PS2 and got this game right away, yeah i was a fan before id even played it :p I just got one of those nice promotional medal badges too. Not really loving the finish on it though....would anyone be interested in some coldcast resin ones with steelwool shine to them? The promo badges are missing that nice steel wool finish all the video game shots have and I want to do a few of those up for myself at least...still gotta get some of these guns too..

Re: Holy Crap! DarkWatch Rubies Stuff?!

just wanted to bump this thread up, i know its old and dead but I just not got a PS2 and got this game right away, yeah i was a fan before id even played it :p I just got one of those nice promotional medal badges too. Not really loving the finish on it though....would anyone be interested in some coldcast resin ones with steelwool shine to them? The promo badges are missing that nice steel wool finish all the video game shots have and I want to do a few of those up for myself at least...still gotta get some of these guns too..

You ought to check out the ones Kropserkel did.

yeah i actually want to get one of his, but I dont think they are cold cast resin with metal powder so it can be brushed with steelwool for that metal shine. This one is also a bit smaller i think..

I like this game but I am still stuck on the same friggin level after the last.. umpteen months.

Damned banshees going nuclear after I hit em with the souped up crossbow, blowing not only themselves up, but be with em.

Awesome badge though :D

Ive found the best way to deal with banshees is to hide in a corner where youve got some good cover, hide from their blasts, wwait for them to come in, and hack them to pieces. :D

I finally ordered one of the Rubies guns and plan to convert and upgrade it to a worthy prop. I plan to do a Regulator costume for Halloween so Im getting started on the gun first :D

I finally ordered one of the Rubies guns and plan to convert and upgrade it to a worthy prop. I plan to do a Regulator costume for Halloween so Im getting started on the gun first :D

Hey Kylash, I've been looking to buy this gun for some time now, but everywhere I go it's sold out. Do you have a link to where you purchased it?

thanks

DS

Ill be getting the gun on Monday, so Ill post some pics then of it before i start choppin away at it :p

here we go, this thing is pretty flimsy, you can push it in and crack the paint off on it. Mine was pretty missaligned when it was made too. Details arent sharp, but wasnt expecting them to be. Definetly gonna be a fun redo project though, so far ive cut out the bottom ammo shaft, its supposed to be twice as big as the top barrel, so that needs replacing, I also want to put a real blade in.

darkwatch1.jpg

darkwatch2.jpg

darkwatch5.jpg

darkwatch3.jpg

darkwatch4.jpg

I'm currently working on the rail gun, rifle, 4 barrel shotgun and redeemer pistols. The rail gun is going to hold beer, cooled with dry ice in the 'hammer' portion, blown through the tube by a fan. Hope to have it ready in time for DragonCon in September. I'll post pics when a littler further along.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back