Darkside501st's Sith Stalker Pepakura Files Revamped

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by darkside501st, Jan 21, 2012.

1. darkside501st

darkside501st Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I know that there are a few different pep files out there for the Sith Stalker costume and they all have their own twist on the helmet. However, I wanted the most accurate helmet possible. Now if you have looked at the details on the helmet you know it isn't possible for it to be 100% accurate and wearable at the same time. After all, there is a big semi-circular groove that would dig into your skull. So I used the method that I think best is best suited as a substitute. On my pep I have marked some places with a black texture. These areas are intended to be cut out after you have hardened the helmet. You will notice that one of these areas is right where that big groove would be. In order to get as close to the head as possible I suggest cutting this area out and wearing a silver (metallic) skull cap. You would put the helmet on over the skull cap. I have seen a few helmets done this way and I think it will give it a pretty good appearance. Also the back of the helmet is meant to be separated from the 'back of the jaw' so that the ears/jaws can be pulled apart to get the helmet on and off. This will also help with the helmet pressing against your ears by preventing too much pressure from being applied. In the pics below, you can see how the ears might otherwise be an issue.

The model came directly from the source, provided by Fierfek, so it is 100% accurate. Of course, I had to make modifications to smooth it out, make it pep friendly, and to make it work as a costume. I have not yet built the pep so if anyone hear tackles it be sure to give me some feedback and let me know if you would like anything changed.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Hope you enjoy and if you build the pieces please post pictures of your builds in this thread. Thanks.

Sith Stalker Pepakura Files by Darkside501st

Update 2/15/2013:
    I have revamped the Sith Stalker files to make a few changes to the design and to smooth them out and make them easier to build and finish. I also rescaled the helmet to make sure that it would fit a human head as demonstrated in the pics below. I matched it to the same scale as Sharkmark's Iron Man Helmet as you can see here (The red part is the Sharkmark IM helmet):

[​IMG]

The other files are scaled to match the helmet in order to maintain correct proportions. Although, you may find that the armor parts would be too big at the same scale (.95). You should use the measurement tool to double check the parts to make sure they won't be too big.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    The Schlitzie likes this.
  2. SChristides

SChristides New Member

Re: Sith Stalker Pepakura Files

Brilliant. Must contain myself and not start another..must.finish.others.first.

3. BlackKaos

BlackKaos Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Excellent! One of my favorite characters from SW. Thank you sir for your contribution!

4. darkside501st

Thanks, I know what you mean... I have more time that I can use on the computer than I have that I can work on these projects. lol I have so many pep models waiting to be built.

You are welcome. It wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the source models that Fierfek provided. I hope you enjoy. This is one of my favorite characters too. I wish it were canon. ;)

I have been thinking about a different way to do the helmet beside the one I posted here so I am going to work on an alternate helmet. You guys will be able to chose which one you want to build. This will be an enclosed helmet so you won't wear a skull cap with this one.

5. Keven Skywalker

Keven Skywalker Active Member

A friend of mine is making one for me. we take the base model from sygilan's an made some modifications here some pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a test color (not definitive painting it's still have to do some modifications to the ears and the visor)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When we finish this i will make two copies one for Starkillers tatooine costume and the other for the sith stalker regular costume, your files will be helpfull, thanks and one more thing i think the correct scale for the hands would be h220 i have made a print test and to me is the correct size
    thanks again for your files

kev

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  6. darkside501st

You came a long way from what you started with. Good job so far.

About the finger blades... if you scaled them relative to the rest of the costume then they would be 228mm high/long. However, I thought that was a little long and too obstructive to still be able to use your hands. The scale of the costume as a whole should be 1041 in Pep viewer/Pep Designer. But this may vary depending on body size and type. This is based on sizing the helmet to fit (at least it should fit, I think) the average person's head and then applying the scale to the rest of the parts. Feel free to adjust the scale however you see fit and if anyone has any further insight on what scale to used please post your height, weight, and build for reference. It doesn't matter much on the fingers unless you have super long fingers, lol. Thanks for posting and let us know if you use any of my files.

7. darkside501st

Bump...sorry for the double post. Just wanted to let people know that I finished the alternate Helmet design and updated the first post with the pic and file. Enjoy.

8. dennybobbutt82

dennybobbutt82 New Member

darkside your are the man keep it up

9. darkside501st

Thanks, Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements. I am planning on going back to make these pep file even better/smoother.

10. The Schlitzie

The Schlitzie Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Darkside501st's Sith Stalker Pepakura Files

Awesome! I know what my next pep project is going to be!

11. darkside501st

Glad you like it. If you are not in a hurry, ?I plan on going back through and revising the pep file with some new techniques I learned to make the final product smother and easier to build.

12. The Schlitzie

Hey,I'm all for easier! No hurry,I'll just subscribe so I know when you get to it down the road. :)

13. The Schlitzie

So,I thought I'd give it a go just to get some practice,and to stretch further out of my comfort zone and try something harder. Here's the progress thread: http://www.therpf.com/f9/sith-stalker-helmet-wip-175125/#post2719088

I know it won't be as cool as others versions,but this is my second ever attempt at Pepping anything.My first at making one correctly with bondo etc. It's still got some work to do before ever being ready to paint but I'm getting there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. darkside501st

Good job so far. I took a look at your build thread too.

15. darkside501st

I revamped the Sith Stalker Pep files. They will be easier to finish and the helmet will fit better than before. I also rewrote my description and 'instructions'. Hope you enjoy.

16. The Schlitzie

Awesome, I'll have to give this version a shot!

17. animefan

animefan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

thanks very much darkside this is on my to do list.

18. anakin625

anakin625 New Member

heplm me pliss my head is 60 cm circunfernce and i dont know the escale for my head pliss give me the magic number

- - - Updated - - -

heplm me pliss my head is 60 cm circunfernce and i dont know the escale for my head pliss give me the magic number

- - - Updated - - -

my e-email is daniel_321081@hotmail.com

19. anakin625

anakin625 New Member

my e-email is daniel_321081@hotmail.com

20. darkside501st

This is not something I can do for you. There are plenty of tutorials on how to scale in Pep Designer. Check out some videos on YouTube. Use the measurement tool in the Pep Designer program. Good Luck.

21. anakin625

anakin625 New Member

22. HeZoR

HeZoR New Member

Cool

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

23. Murderink

Murderink Active Member

Hey, The file should be pretty much the right size if you print to paper size.

24. Murderink

Murderink Active Member

IMG_0907.JPG IMG_0908.JPG IMG_0909.JPG IMG_0915.JPG
    Thanks for the file Darkside501st!!!!!!
    when fitted to the paper in pepakura this is the size it created, fits quire well I think.

25. darkside501st

Great job building the file! Looks great and the size fits well, I agree. I had to modify the original game model so that it would fit on a human head and so that you would still be able to see out of it and, of course, still have a brain too, lol. I am glad you like it. I would love for you to post some more progress pics as you complete the build.

26. darkside501st

I recently came across these photos and I am certain this build was based off my files. Looks like it was made by Shawn Thorsson (aka thorssoli) on Flickr. I am not sure if he is a member here or if it has already been posted elsewhere but I wanted to share his photos since he did an excellent job and saw the build through to completion. Click on the image below to go to his Flickr album.

[​IMG]

27. Bogleo

Bogleo Well-Known Member

http://www.therpf.com/members/thorssoli/

28. darkside501st

29. thorssoli

thorssoli Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thank you. Your files were a huge help.

I really need to get back to work on that thing. It stalled a bit when I started shopping for soft parts.

30. thorssoli

thorssoli Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oops. Double post.

31. anakin628

anakin628 New Member

hello what size is you head my head is 60 cm please that type of scale number do you use
    thank you