Dark saber cancelled

AJTaliesen

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Shopdisney cancelled my Dark Saber pre order. They didn't give a reason. Did anyone else have theirs cancelled, or just me?

Hmmmm...I wonder if this is along the same lines as my raiders idol that I ordered a few months back. Some have already received theirs, but mine has been "in process" since I placed the order back then.

Turns out it's just me. VERY disappointed in Disney right now. I'd forgotten, but because this has been in pre-order so long, I was issued a new credit card since ordering it, and when they tried to hit it it declined. I DID update the info on the Disney site, but apparently I was supposed to also call them to update it. Since I didn't they cancelled the order this morning. Help desk said there's nothing they can do. Apparently the "System" cancelled it and it cannot be uncancelled, so...basically I can go F myself.

Ordered on February 2....6 months later...get bent. You get nothing. I was told that maybe if Im lucky some extras will become available to the general public after the pre orders (that didn't get cancelled) are filled. Although we all know that just means "Maybe you can find one on ebay for only double the price."

Very disappointing to hear, but it sounds right. A simple email could've and should've by them, corrected this early on. Seems that's how business goes these days :(

Communication is largely what causes this and leads to hard feelings ultimately.

If this is for the Black Series Darksaber, keep an eye on Best Buy. Their order page says "Sold Out", but they've actually not gotten them yet. That's how I got my Mandalorian helmet.

Took me a little longer to get it, but I got it for retail. Hope that helps.

This stuff is so avoidable with just a 20 second email. Is it really that hard?? If it is, you're in the wrong business. It comes off as bull$hit in the end when it's all said and done. Just disrespectful to your customers or would-be ones at any rate. Hope I'm wrong about this one, but fear I'm in the same boat.

Hmmmm...I wonder if this is along the same lines as my raiders idol that I ordered a few months back. Some have already received theirs, but mine has been "in process" since I placed the order back then.
Mine as well. I ordered within the first 20 mins. Still nothing.

I got a email this last week from
Hasbro, the black series dark saber has been pushed back to dec 1st

Maybe that is the reason they cancelled it on ya?

I’m still amazed how others who have bought on 3rd party sites have gotten theirs and the hasbro orders were back logged

With all the videos I’ve seen on YouTube, and sound vent locator being covered by your hand.. the damn cover tech wheel..

I don’t care if hasbro cancels mine

I got a email this last week from
Hasbro, the black series dark saber has been pushed back to dec 1st

Maybe that is the reason they cancelled it on ya?

I’m still amazed how others who have bought on 3rd party sites have gotten theirs and the hasbro orders were back logged

With all the videos I’ve seen on YouTube, and sound vent locator being covered by your hand.. the damn cover tech wheel..

I don’t care if hasbro cancels mine
Black series doesn’t have the cover tech. That was the Legacy.
Also your hand doesn’t cover the sound vent if you’re right-handed.

Attachments

• 9E57B50D-5DD7-4F80-8E5B-89B1821159C5.jpeg
    9E57B50D-5DD7-4F80-8E5B-89B1821159C5.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 81
No covertec on the Black Series.

So far I think BBTS and Gamestop are the only retailers to ship it. Everywhere else is still October-November.

IMG_20210919_170137__01.jpgIMG_20210919_170154__01.jpg

I’m going to check my GameStop tomorrow see if they have it on the shelf

They seem to get a lot of stuff early and being in such a small town it never really sells

SO...weird twist to this story...Disney was unable to help me. I spoke to three different people for multiple hours and the bottom line is that they can't do anything about it. (Although I read that as: someone, somewhere might be able to, but they aren't going to talk to you, the low levels who actually talk to customers can't do it). The people I spoke to were very nice about it though. I'll give them that: they hire decent people to man the phones.

SO I went looking elsewhere and found it on Amazon, for actually less money ($250...I think shopdisney was $285 if I remember right).

I am skeptical. The photos look like the same box, so we will see when it gets here. I may have just been taken for a ride, but if so Amazon has a decent returns policy. Will update here when it arrives. Supposed to be here early next week. It shipped today.

IF (if if if) it is the same saber, that just leads to more questions...why is the shopdisney pre order later than buying on amazon, and why does it cost more? And why be so brutal about my cancelled order if they are this easy to find?

Update: So the story has a happy ending. Strange, but happy. Turns out they were the same price, $250, but Disney was charging more for shipping ($283 total, vs amazon $265). It arrived today: Suspiciously large box:
IMG_6542 copy.jpg

It was rattling around in there...look at all that glorious padding:
IMG_6544 copy.jpg

But...it does appear to be the same saber, and undamaged: Looks nice. The blade is annoying to take in and out (need Allen wrench (provided).

IMG_6545 copy.jpgIMG_6546 copy.jpgIMG_6547 copy.jpgIMG_6550 copy.jpg

In the end, I'm still confused. Seems like Disney did me a favor by cancelling my order since by switching to Amazon I actually got it sooner. But I'm happy. Decent saber, and even with the annoying blade, it's still not a bad value for the money.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back