Dark Knight Rises

Scareb

Sr Member
They just posted up the first official poster for "The Dark Knight Rises"

J*ZZ!!

DKRpos.jpeg

Wow,

The poster for the third one is better than the first two actual movies combined. Pray that this one doesn't stink. But it probably has Bale in it again so my expectations aren't that high.

Teaser posters are where it's at these days... that's nice. I like that. Fits with the spirit of the The Dark Knight posters too.

It does remind me of Inception now that Talisen mentioned it but it doesn't bother me. That's still simply a good design with the way they made the bat out of the negative space.

looks like there is a pic of the joker on the building on the left hand side. Perhaps an homage to heath ledger (RIP).
Or I could just be seeing something thats not there :)

looks like there is a pic of the joker on the building on the left hand side. Perhaps an homage to heath ledger (RIP).
Or I could just be seeing something thats not there :)

I see that image too....the boulder/rock falling that's next to it looks like the Superman insignia slightly.

Anyone for an ink blots test?? :lol

I have not been a big fan of Nolan's work on Batman but I hold out hope with each film.
It is a cool poster. I LOVED the Cataclysm / No Man's Land (earthquake) storyline they ran with for a good two years in the comics. I would love to see some of that in the film.:thumbsup

I wouldn't assume an earthquake just yet. Remember the Dark Knight Poster with the bat logo burning in the building? Didn't happen either.

The No Man's Land arc would be a nice nod here though it's likely not the case, they would have to incorporate so many complex story elements into the narrative on top of what is already on the table which just isn't feasible.

The central vibe I'm getting from the poster is all is not well in Gotham and the city is on the brink of total implosion not only from the escalation of crime and the vigilante activities of a now fugitive Batman but a third external force closing in to end it. If there is any truth to the speculation pointing to the return of the League of Shadows this flick would properly bookend the trilogy.

I just read that the first "official" trailer for The Dark Knight Rises will be played before Harry Potter! Not sure how much it will give us but I can't wait especially after seeing the newest poster :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back