Dark Knight Joker. Help with lifesize casts etc.

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Firstly, I'd like to ask of opinions of which Heath Joker bust is the best between Howard S and Bobby C. I think they are both amazing.

I've been thinking about buying a silicone bust for a while now, but I'm hesitant and nervous about spending big on a silicone Joker. Do the ones that Bobby and Howard make have extra support to protect against the elements? And what is he best way to protect such a piece?

Thanks

Lee

Last edited:
Are you only looking at those 2? There's also a licensed one made by Infinity Studios that is available for pre-order from Sideshow Collectibles. Queen Studios also made one but it's unlicensed.

For silicone busts I recommend keeping it indoors in a temperature-controlled environment. You can also put it in a dust-proof glass or acrylic case if you don't want to dust it.

Thanks for he reply bud. I personally think Howard's is the best out there, but that's my own opinion. I've seen the ones you mention buy I want to position it on an already made Joker body.

I am worried about silicone though. I know it deteriorates over time unless well protected or am I wrong??

Thanks

Lee

It depends on the type of silicone. Medical-grade platinum silicone can supposedly last 45+ years versus maybe 20 years for regular silicone.

It depends on the type of silicone. Medical-grade platinum silicone can supposedly last 45+ years versus maybe 20 years for regular silicone.
That's why I've had a rethink and will go resin now. If you pay that much for something you would expect it to last forever, or at least a lot longer. I've been doing a lot of research into Ledger Jokers in the past week and I've now seen one that is resin and 99.9 accurate to Heath.

I had the Bobby C bust and it was amazing.

You wanna keep it inside.

I don’t see the concern with silicone not lasting. 45 years is enough for me. I’ll either be dead or sell it long before that. Haha. Besides, if you look at a resin bust next to a silicone bust there is NO contest. It’s just objectively better. Now, budget may drive the decision and I get it. But a really good silicone bust in person is terrific.

Personally, I don’t think the Infinity Studios bust nailed the likeness. Not a fan of the Queen either. Queen has a life size statue coming out that is very good, but it’s north of $10k…

What resin bust did you find?

Hi,

It was coofunkcurly. It's the 3d scanned one from a few years back. I've seen ln painted up that looks amazing.

I get what you say about the silicone ones but the painted one I mentioned is just as good, but that's my opinion. Silicone is really nice but expensive, although I know it gives more realism to the piece?

To add, Howard S and Bobby C busts are amazing but I think it restricts a lot of buyers when you are talking £4-5k which I know is a good price for a few but unobtainable for many. I've seen some and it actually looks like Heath is in the room!

Is this a recast. It looks a bit like Heath but something isn't right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211220-183314_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211220-183314_eBay.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 81
Decided to change the thread title because I know there are a few people who are trying to build lifesize TDK Joker busts. Thought it would be good to see what's out there on the lifesize head options, and also so everyone can show theirs off.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back