Dark Knight- Joker Costume Help

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

AlienatedPredator

I want to be heath ledger's, THE JOKER! lol for halloween and I would like to know if there is a cheap path to a great joker costume. I know I could just go to the nearby costume store and pick up the costume, gloves, and make up kit, but that rounds up to about $50. Any ideas?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DarthVeach

Do you want cheap and affordable or authentic looking? Because too often they don't go hand in hand. You might get lucky at some thrift stores finding purple items since the demand is down this year. Don't want to steal your thread, but here is an example...this is me last year. The makeup is cream makeup you find at Walmart for $1. The hair is spray wetted down and smoothed thru with some pomade to give it a greasy look. The shirt is from ebay, but you can substitute a lavendar or even a gray shirt. The tie, unless you are dying to have a screen accurate tie, you can find a lot of good close-enoughs at any store. The vest I sewed myself. The pants were Old Navy khakis I dyed purple, shoes from a thrift store, coat came from Ebay and if I remember was only about $60. The gloves are regular leather gloves painted with Jaquard Neopaque violet leather paint found at Jo-Anns. Not 100% screen accurate, but I won 3rd at a local competition. My advice, the costume can be a little flexible if your make up kicks a$$! Good luck man, love to see it when you're done! Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to help any way I can!

108.jpg

095.jpg

108.jpg

095.jpg

DarthVeach

It's not a bad costume, I have even considered it for the pants that come with it. Just don't wear a mask!! I can't for the life of me figure out why these companies put out a Joker mask when most people would want to do their own makeup!

AlienatedPredator

It's not a bad costume, I have even considered it for the pants that come with it. Just don't wear a mask!! I can't for the life of me figure out why these companies put out a Joker mask when most people would want to do their own makeup!
trust me, im gonna do my make up lol, those masks suck. Im gonna buy the makeup wig combo package. I might even go down to the goodwill store and see if they have anything.