Dark Knight Joker chain?...

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm looking for the chain the Joker wore in the Dark Knight.

As anyone had any luck finding one that's screen accurate?

(thanks to "Snowflake" for the pics)

brad

I dont think anyone has found a truly accurate (cheap) one - the type of chain is called "curb chain" - but after a long search I was unable to find anything the right size and length that didnt cost a ridiculous amount. The hobby store near me sold something very close in gold and silver (I got both because it was very cheap and its still debatable what color it was in the film). 3 feet with some cheapo belt clips and it loks great. Hope that helps.

Here's mine...

14349_167127543493_592693493_2936978_4517768_n.jpg

I lucked out and found it at a yard sale!

That one looks pretty good!
I was never happy with mine, a thinner gauge. If someone finds a good source for these, please share!

I had the good fortune of getting to see the screenused chain up close and I have to confirm Pinder's is identical. Obv. I can't tell the gauge from the pic 100%, but the chain itself is DEAD on.

Last edited:
Oh, I just read that he found it at a yard sale...:unsure

It looks to be about 10mm wide

Any idea how long it should be?

It seems to go down to his knee....I'm thinking I'd need about a 60" chain?

I found a seller on eBay that sells these at reasonable prices.

His longest length is 36" so I'm going to try and have a jeweler connect two of his 30" chains so it's long enough.

I think I'm going with the 11mm width chain. The 13mm (1/2") just seems too thick.

I'll keep everyone posted here.

Does anyone know how thick the screen used chain was?

Decided to search my name and saw there have been some recent postings. Yes, I was fortunate enough to have a mother that thought of me when she was rummaging through an estate sale and found the perfect chain.

It is 11mm wide and 30 inches long, which I've found to be right in the ball park.
Joker015.jpg

Hooks to the top of my pants, and I clipped the other end to my keys to keep the chain in my pocket.

IMG01511-20120314-1716.jpg

IMG01512-20120314-1717.jpg

Glad I could help. That picture is from Halloween 2007, so it is a bit outdated costume-wise, but it's all I have to really show the chain length when worn.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back