Turned my attention to the saber as the Master Replicas is both a valued collectable and not very bright in convention settings.
I happened to have a cheap plastic Luke ROTJ with telescopic blade.
I took out the blade and made space for a RGB LED practice saber that I have.
Now I have a chunky 'comic art' style Luke hilt with a detachable blade and nice bright LED light source.
For the sake of convenience when out and about I also added a covertec clip so I can easily put it safely on my belt when needed.
I may do a new paint job to resemble the more weathered hilt.
Next was the cape.
I cut 4 panels in both the sateen material that I had chosen for the outer material and the satin which will be the lining.
I sewed the panels together and then the 2 half circles to each other.
Lastly I cut the curve for the neck.
I also decide to fold the cape back at the edges so it would fall behind my shoulders.
This also gave the cape more visual texture by showing the satin lining.
OK...I was in two minds as whether to post the images as even though I am quite pleased with how this turned out, I still feel it could be so much better.
I debuted this at MCM Birmingham UK last weekend.
Improvements to look at;
1 - The leather trousers are too loose.
2 - The shins need to be taller so that they completely cover from ankle to over the knee.
3 - The jacket sleeves need to be more prominent.
4 - The wig needs a lot of attention.
All that said, I was really pleased when someone actually recognised the costume.