DARK CITY props?

IGNITERS

Just wondering if there are any DARK CITY props out there?
Am I the only one who finds this movie cool?
It seems like SIN CITY borrowed alot from this film....

DARK CITY! Fantastic film, one of my favorites. :D

Of course the signature prop from this film would be the metal-and-glass hypodermic injector with which Dr Schrieber reprograms the citizens of the City.

imageuploadimagemg6.jpg

The weird villains of the story are the deathly-pale Strangers, who all wear the same black coats and hats.

darkcity1bi4.jpg

Jennifer Connelly is radiant of course. The film seems to be set in the noirest part of the 1940s, but the reality is far stranger...

image177st2.jpg

Old photographs and artifacts are other possible props. I seem to recall a postcard from a place called Shell Beach...

image181vr4.jpg

Dr Schrieber's pocketwatch. I see it's nearly time for the Tuning...

watchvo1.jpg

- k

Last edited:
Saw it in the theater and was disappointed, then watched it on tv like 5 years later and was still not impressed. :thumbsdown

Props would be pretty easy. Most of it was 1930's to 1940's niche.

Weird. My girlfriend has never seen this and I JUST showed it to her this last weekend. She even commented on wanting a syringe.

Tried watching it but cut it off because of the hyper editting. Just about the time my eyes would focus on something in the frame enough to pick up detail it would cut again. Crazy.

Can someone post a nice clean screencap of the syringe? I know there were plenty of close-ups.

Dark City is one of my all-time favourite films. I would love to see someone make the syringes! Here's some screencaps from the DVD:

vlcsnap-15482341.jpg

vlcsnap-15484651.jpg

vlcsnap-15487653.jpg

vlcsnap-15493801.jpg

vlcsnap-15494920.jpg

vlcsnap-15498586.jpg

Searching for the syringe is what led me to the RPF initally. So, I'll just chime in to say that there's one more person here interested in finding one of these.

With the help of a member, i got enpought caps to start working on this one. I'll be starting a thread up once i get some down time to do alllllll those little measurements to get it to work! Fingers crossed on this project!

RemoLocke: Dark City is being re-released on DVD as a long-awaited director's cut. (Pre-ordered already :thumbsup)

Hotshot: Really?! All my fingers are crossed! (Oww...) Exciting news!

"I've got one that can que"
"poor,poor, mr. book..."(or was it mr. hand?)
Great movie.....I think I'll go dust it off and take another look.

RemoLocke: Dark City is being re-released on DVD as a long-awaited director's cut. (Pre-ordered already :thumbsup)

Hotshot: Really?! All my fingers are crossed! (Oww...) Exciting news!
Ohboyohboyohboyohboy! Finiall, I can show this flick to friends without having to instruct them to turn off the sound for the first 45 seconds or so.

Anyone have a shot of the Strangers' knife?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back