Daredevil S2 - Early Frank Castle Refs Thread (PIC HEAVY)

JACKxRAWR

Hi guys,

I've been trying to put together a reference list of the various parts used in Jon Bernthal's early Punisher costume in Daredevil season 2. I love the costume, it's simple, iconic and definitely feels like something Frank Castle would wear.

If you've got any information or corrections please post them in the thread.

The Jacket:

jon-bernthal-pictured-as-the-punisher-on-daredevil-set-05.jpg

Frank wears a black M65 field jacket.I'm not sure of the specific make/model but the zippers and buttons on the jacket are black. I've purchased a few M65 jackets and all have had shiny brass hardware, so this jacket seems to be somewhat of a rarity. The jacket has a couple of patches attached to it that appear to have been overdyed black. The jacket is faded to a dark grey colour.

The Shirt & The Vest:

jon-bernthal-cut-up-on-daredevil-set-05.jpg

Frank seems to exclusively wear a long-sleeved ribbed black/dark grey shirt with a crew neck. This is best seen in the episode he's kidnapped by Finn Cooley's crew.

Frank also briefly wears a 5.11 tactec plate carrier in black when attacking the Dogs of Hell, and when assaulting The Blacksmith's boat. Outside of those two scenes it's not seen in the show though, and considering the price it's not an item that will be missed too much.

The Pants, Belt And Boots:

0a4b85ef6aa43716d8a5f868788dbc9d3e6406de_hq.jpg

Frank sports a pair of dark blue denim jeans, seemingly straight-cut. I think the jeans are likely Levi's but I'm not too sure. He manages to fit an ankle holster and a subcompact pistol under them in "Bang", so there are possibly multiple different types used. Frank's belt is thick leather with a rounded silver buckle.

Frank's boots are modern black patrol boots of some kind. They're not military issue. Possibly Bates boots, as used by Daredevil.

Weapons:

Frank's weapons change throughout the series. There are two different firearms used that are easy to replicate and stand out with this costume.

1911 Variant:

DaredevilS2E04_07.jpg

Frank uses a couple of 1911 pistols as his main sidearm throughout the show. At the carousel he carries a Para 1911 GI Expert (pictured), and during the diner scene and boat assault he appears to carry a Kimber Warrior. As a result, most 1911 variants will work just fine with this costume.

AR-15 Variant w/ Grenade Launcher:

DaredevilS2E11_05.jpg

Frank uses an AR-15 with an underslung M203 grenade launcher, aimpoint sight, no iron sights and a combination of magpul P-mags and E-mags. According to IMFDB the rifle changes during the course of the series between an M4A1 and a SIG 516 Patrol rifle. As a result, and AR platform without iron sights will work.

If anyone has any corrections or suggestions for the thread please post them below! This is by no means a perfect thread and I'd appreciate some assistance IDing the jacket, pants and boots for exact makes and models.

Attachments

• jon-bernthal-films-a-brutal-fight-scene-for-daredevil-03.jpg
    jon-bernthal-films-a-brutal-fight-scene-for-daredevil-03.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 702
  • jon-bernthal-cut-up-on-daredevil-set-15.jpg
    jon-bernthal-cut-up-on-daredevil-set-15.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 323
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back