Daredevil Mask: Marvel Officially Licensed Vinyl Replica

WilsonFisk

Hello everyone,

I've joined this forum and a couple of other costuming communities because I'm seeking help. I'm looking to assemble a Daredevil costume. I've sourced the bodysuit and the boots, but I'm struggling to find a good mask. Well, that's not exactly correct, I've found the ideal mask, one that looks great and would fit my planned costume perfectly:

http://www.mooncostumes.com/item/11028

This is a vinyl mask that was officially licensed by Marvel, I believe back circa 2004/2005. But looking for it now, it's all dead-ends. All the shops I've found advertising it, such as the one linked above, have it marked as Out of Stock. Either that, or the sites seem to be long-defunct, dead sites, or they say the mask is available by clicking a link which turns out to be a dead link. I've searched on eBay and there's no sign of anyone selling a mask like this there either.

Does anyone here have any information or links to places I'd likely be able to buy the mask? One of my searches led here, and it involved a discussion thread with a couple of people discussing buying the cowl as recently as 2012. This seems the people on here have had success finding this mask a lot more recently than anyone else on the internet I can find, so I was wondering if maybe you guys had resources for seeking out old discontinued items I wasn't aware of?

BONUS ROUND: Less of a pressing priority, as I'll look for this as a finishing touch once I've got the rest of the costume... but where do you think it would be best to look for the red belt/holster combo that Daredevil has for sheathing his billy club? What would you even call that when searching for it?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have the biggest budget, so the licensed mask is more likely to be in my price range, but WOW, that mask does look really cool. I may take your advice look further into that.

you could modify the captain america pepakura helmet
add some horns and a chin strap and you have a fairly decent daredevil helmet/cowl

the file is actually one of the easiest if not THE easiest to put together
this is what it looks like with a red paint job
Capture.JPG
attach some horns and its done!

I would say find a good Batman cowl and modify that, the captain america one has a weird shape and nothing like Daredevil.

keep checking ebay the disguise ones pop up every now and again i just won an auction the other day for one i hope its nice.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back