Daniel Jackson Monolith Egypt

susje00

Here I leave my first replica to see how it went. is a monolith of Egyptian mythology that had Daniel Jackson in his office and study ..

Here I leave the original

Here you have the mold made of silicone

Here's how the piece is a replica made ​​Polyol bone.

Cool!

...you know though, I read Egyptian hieroglyphs, and that is the dirtiest joke I've ever seen! rofl! "...and he put the sheep in the river." HAHAH epic...

I was about to break out my Gardiner and ***** up and down about the bogus text. (Two semesters of Middle Egyptian at UC Berkeley -- the most useless of the languages I've studied.)

It's one of the things that really annoys me about pseudo-Egyptian art and such in decorators' books and curio shops. THey go through the trouble to make it, but don't even take the time to copy a real set of text off of anything readily available like the Book of the Dead ("Budge? I don't know why they keep publishing him..."). Granted nine of ten people probably won't know the text is bogus, but there's a LOOK to it. See those three horned owls all right next to each other? Ick.

Cool!

...you know though, I read Egyptian hieroglyphs, and that is the dirtiest joke I've ever seen! rofl! "...and he put the sheep in the river." HAHAH epic...

hehehe if it was a replica of a monolith of Egypt, however it was my first try xD

I was about to break out my Gardiner and ***** up and down about the bogus text. (Two semesters of Middle Egyptian at UC Berkeley -- the most useless of the languages I've studied.)

It's one of the things that really annoys me about pseudo-Egyptian art and such in decorators' books and curio shops. THey go through the trouble to make it, but don't even take the time to copy a real set of text off of anything readily available like the Book of the Dead ("Budge? I don't know why they keep publishing him..."). Granted nine of ten people probably won't know the text is bogus, but there's a LOOK to it. See those three horned owls all right next to each other? Ick.

because as I say in egypt buy it for you to see what they care about, but as I say is the first replica and test it to be spoiled if the original

Nice work susje. Go you!

Effingham, dude, that faux-Egyptian stuff has been going on approximately since the last priests at Philae packed up and went home. Heh, Budge. My copy is ex-library, but not from a sale; I stole it when I was ten. Only real, actual theft I ever committed. Never got caught, never gave it back, still have it, still have the twinge of shame. :)

Nice work susje. Go you!

Effingham, dude, that faux-Egyptian stuff has been going on approximately since the last priests at Philae packed up and went home. Heh, Budge. My copy is ex-library, but not from a sale; I stole it when I was ten. Only real, actual theft I ever committed. Never got caught, never gave it back, still have it, still have the twinge of shame. :)

Since it was Budge, I want to think you did the library patrons a good turn. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back