Dan Aykroyd signing bottles of Crystal Head in Western Canada

that he's in canada and not here...long live the queen..do you guys do queens or something else

Oh! I thought you were talking about the quality of the movie Nothing But Trouble haha!
Um the only Queen we really celebrate is the band.

Thats awesome news Goonie, get the pics up soon.

I just checked his schedule. For those of you in central California, after his Portland stop, he's also going to be in Sacramento on the 29th of Sept.

I noticed he rolled out bigger bottles recently. They're now selling 1.75 litre bottles. As Dan said when he came into the store and announced to the crowd, "they make great candle holders for Halloween and great Christmas gifts!"

Some pics from today...

Jake and Elwood make an appearance:
43400384Small.jpg

Dan signing:
43400385Small.jpg

Me and Dan:
Kitchen-PortAlberni-DanAkroyd2072Small.jpg

I just got the one pic with Dan as I didn't want to hold up the line.

"We're on a mission from god."
Kitchen-PortAlberni-DanAkroyd2102Small.jpg

43400390Small.jpg

43400391Small.jpg

43400392Small.jpg

These guys are actually local entertainers. They show-up at local car shows and perform.

My signed loot:
The Arrow and Ghostbusters DVDs
43400395Small.jpg

My 20th aniversary Saturday Night Live commemorative book:
43400398Small.jpg

And the good stuff:
43400400Small.jpg

A memorable day in a somewhat overall crummy year for me.

Exactly the same for me! :(

Thanks for the pics! Dan was a cool guy! Are you going to try the Vodka? Mine will stay sealed.

I got my bottle last year for Christmas. I opened mine and had a few shots since then (on special occasions). It's good stuff!

One thing I forgot to bring to get Mr. Mainway to sign was my Johnny Space Commander mask for Halloween.:)

Seriously, I wonder what Dan would've said if I put a clear plastic bag and a rubber band on the table in front of him to sign. :lol That was one of my all-time favourite Dan Aykroyd sketches on SNL.

Dan Aykroyd was here on Friday in Chicago promoting both his Crystal Head Vodka as well as Yogi Bear. The man officially goes to legend status in my book. He couldn't have been nicer, more gracious and accommodating. He started the day at Binny's Beverage Depot. He signed 3 pieces of memorabilia per bottle purchase. At the theater he signed 2 items for free.

The line at Binny's!! Wrapped through every aisle in the store and out the door!

My picture with Dan at Binny's:

Two of my favorite autographs (both signed in blue Vis!):

Very happy with this one:

More proof of how awesome Dan Aykroyd is - my last autograph request was for my brother who's in the Marines and Dan said, 'well I have to sign a nice one for a Marine! and grabbed the picture and personalized it to my brother, added the Marines motto, and even added his character name! How cool is this?!

At the theater:

I love this shot I got of him with Yogi and Boo-Boo!

Dan Aykroyd is the MAN. An awesome celebrity encounter and a great guy to boot!

Hector

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back