Dan Akyroyd will be at Jungle Jim's Supermarket in Ohio 10/17

arwa

Sr Member
Jungle Jim's International Market

I am in Cincinnati and saw the Jungle Jim's ad online where Dan will be appearing for autographs. He is only signing his Vodka bottle though. There is also a grocery list of rules for the event.

I put the a link to the event above.

-arwa

I never even saw that chain, it must only be in that part of Ohio. Usually if there is a list of rules that long it's not really worth it. At least you can get vodka in grocery stores there lol.

He is only signing his Vodka bottle though. -arwa

Don't worry, he won't be only signing the bottles. Last year when he was doing the vodka tour, he signed my bottle, the box, my Ghostbuster and Arrow DVDs, and my SNL 20th Anniversary book.:cool

I never even saw that chain, it must only be in that part of Ohio. Usually if there is a list of rules that long it's not really worth it. At least you can get vodka in grocery stores there lol.

Not really a chain, more like one huge arse grocery store that stocks a little bit of everything.

Seriously, it's the love child of a grocery store and a tourist trap.

I mean that in the best way possible.
T

Don't worry, he won't be only signing the bottles. Last year when he was doing the vodka tour, he signed my bottle, the box, my Ghostbuster and Arrow DVDs, and my SNL 20th Anniversary book.:cool

I wouldn't be too sure. They were fairly specific; bottles only, and bottles only bought from Jungle Jim's. No receipt from Jungle Jim's, no siggy. If bottle is open, no siggy.

T

I figured it would be a good meeting ground for RPFers. The only issue is the timing for it. I would go because I am only 20 minutes away and it is on my day off, but I don't drink. If he was signing anything, then ya', I would definately get a Ghostbuster's photo or something like that signed. It doesn't say if he is charging for the autographs either. I would be super ticked if I had to buy the vodka and then turn around and buy the signature too.

-arwa

Ooops. Sorry to the mods as well about my placement of this thread. I think this was a first for me :(

Oh and about the store, it is definately worth going into afterwards. They have everything in there when it comes to food. They have some pretty sweet displays as well. A tourist trap is a good description.

I buy a lot of gluten free food there. :)

If bottle is open, no siggy.

T

When he signed my bottle last year, it was half empty. My sister's boyfriend brought two empty bottles, Dan signed them both. Dan is a good guy - I know a guy that went to school with him in Ontario. He will sign, unless the store has some stupid rule.

I dunno...last year a bunch of the Denver Ghostbusters met him at one of these signings, and everyone was told the same type of thing, but when he finally saw us all geared up he jumped out of his chair, took everything we'd brought to have signed (bottles, DVDs, Proton Packs, and all!) and started posing for pictures with us, and sharing stories about how Bill Murray would ***** about the weight of the packs on set before he set about signing our stuff.

In short - he was thrilled to see us, and happy to sign everything - even the car!

dan7.jpg

That is an awesome store. Wish I could get away to get a signature. He seems like a great guy. I wrote him a letter way back and he sent me a signed picture. Pretty damn cool.

When he signed my bottle last year, it was half empty. My sister's boyfriend brought two empty bottles, Dan signed them both. Dan is a good guy - I know a guy that went to school with him in Ontario. He will sign, unless the store has some stupid rule.

In the list of the rules. ;)
Read the link.

T

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back