Damnation Alley Landmaster 1977

Landmaster Dave

IMG_7597.JPGIMG_7592.JPGIMG_7593.JPGIMG_7596.JPGBeen working on this for awhile.
Started as a CG Model and then with the help of 3d printing made this
It's 1/25th scale (model car scale)
Silicone molds, all resin parts.

Attachments

• IMG_7557.JPG
    IMG_7557.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,062
  • IMG_7562.JPG
    IMG_7562.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 833
  • IMG_7556.JPG
    IMG_7556.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 854
  • IMG_7564.JPG
    IMG_7564.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 645
Last edited:
Damnation Alley was supposed to be 20th Century Fox’s BIG sci-fi blockbuster for the year 1977.

That has some real potential. The biggest kit I've seen of a Landmaster so far is MIM's 1/35.
Are you going to scratch build the interior?

IIRC the LandMaster made a very strange guest appearance in the series 'Highway to Heaven' of all places. I remember an episode full of dream sequences and the LandMaster was in some apocalyptic desert distributing water rations...

I really love this vehicle- the triple wheel layout is practical and distinctive. Lowe's Hardware had a Hand truck with a similar triple layout- it is so it can go up and down stairs smoothly.
Movie is strange but pretty ambitious considering the state of SFX back then. The SciFi Rock group Hawkwind used it as inspiration for one of their songs as well-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aHR0JAro8w

IIRC the LandMaster made a very strange guest appearance in the series 'Highway to Heaven' of all places. I remember an episode full of dream sequences and the LandMaster was in some apocalyptic desert distributing water rations...

I really love this vehicle- the triple wheel layout is practical and distinctive. Lowe's Hardware had a Hand truck with a similar triple layout- it is so it can go up and down stairs smoothly.
Movie is strange but pretty ambitious considering the state of SFX back then. The SciFi Rock group Hawkwind used it as inspiration for one of their songs as well-

Thankyou Doctor Strangelove for going doo-lally and giving us the heritage of Damnation Ally :)

WOW! A jolt to the memory bank. I was a computer field service tech in the late '70's to the early '80's in So. Cal., and I drove by this thing almost daily! I'm fact the studio where they stored it was a customer. They wouldn't allow me to get up close, though. Great job on this build, I hope to see more, please.
Carl

My family went to LA/Disneyland for fours years in a row every summer. One of the treats was driving down the freeway and looking out each time to see the landrover parked up on a hillside. Never saw the film all the way through. Loved running to the right side of the RV to get to a window to snag a view. Fond memories!!!

I’ve only been to the LA area a few times, but somehow I saw that thing by the side of the road almost every time. As I sci fi kid in the early 80s I recognized it instantly, was thrilled that it still existed at all, but didn’t understand why it just sat there in a tiny trash-strewn lot —for years. It looked so weirdly semi-abandoned. That photo sure takes me back.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back