daisy softairs in need of some modifications

Noeland

Master Member
A couple of months ago I won an auction on ebay for 45+ pounds of broken and partial "toy guns". Being that I make films, and enjoy doing fan films, and building prop guns, I saw an opportunity for greatness in this auction.

What I got was very old, dirty model guns, lots of them, metal non-firing replicas, lots of them, aluminum cast guns with spinning cylinders, and a few non-functioning daisy softair autos, the 59 and beretta, and also 2 daisy softair revolvers with no barrels.

daisy%20project%20CU.jpg

to%20be%202.jpg

Now, I already have a couple of functioning softair guns, so I have in the past purchased the ammo, and the plastic spring loaded bullets needed for the guns as well. So, I tested these two revolvers to see if they work, and guess what, THEY BOTH FIRE.

daisy%20project1.jpg

daisy%20project2.jpg

It was a pretty cool system, and back in the day I really wanted to buy them all.

Took me about 15 years, but my softair collection is looking pretty good now:)

Aren't we all kids at heart anyway.

SO NOW, I am left with wondering on ways to modify them. I have lots of PVC tubing, which I am going to make the barrels out of, so I can still fire them.

I am just not sure how to make these suckers look. I am considering, very seriously making one of them the guts of a BSG blaster.

But I think, ultimately I would like to have them match. I'd like to have a set of custom softairs, probably with scopes with an anime flavor to them.

Any ideas????????? :love

Well, if you decide not to go with a matched set, I could see fabricating a PKD out of one, using the other matching trigger as a static part; Not quite sure how to go about reloading it tho, short of a clamshell type design...

Well, I have quite a few blade runner blasters already, so I can't say that interests me too much, but I agree that it probably could be converted with enough elbow grease.

I have a poseiden Vash gun clamshell, but the gun is way too big for it, and I would not be able to fire the gun withough

I have considered constructing sort of a heavy "target" barrel for them, with some anime style mods maybe. these are from clark custom guns. They do excellent work.

revcombat1.jpg

I'm definately going to paint the grips BBQ black.

I have been searching around anime movie websites looking for some inspiration. Here is a little somehting from den trinity.

ppc.jpg

ppcfront.jpg

I found this crazy looking thing on longmountain's movie gun page. From xxx. I don't remember that crazy compensator on the end of it.

DSCN9919.jpg

OK, all for now. Feel free to post some inspiration for me guys..

Njc-----------------

Mike,
You hit one of my favorite websites (with the hellboy samaritan link). I don't know who's work that is, but I have spent many an hour perusing those pictures. I LOVE his fett costume. His figures? Forget it.. I wish I had those kind of skills man.

Maybe someday. :) Definately inspiorational.....

Silent Mobius AMP Blaster

This one?
smzblaster.jpg

Pretty damn cool.

Zeiram / Iria revolver

I couldn't find any pics of these, but I seem to remember guns with all kinds of things stuck on em, wires, leather bound grips, river tam used a gun in the film that reminded me of the zeiram stuff I've seen.

I might just go in that direction.

Thanks,
Noeland-------------------

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back