Daily Prophet Writing Project - can anyone help?

beedrew

Hello Potterheads, new here!

I am working on a project to write (or extract from the books) full English text for articles seen in the Daily Prophet, and incorporate it into the many beautiful pages I have seen on this forum and others. I will then figure out how to print them with the look and feel of the newspapers seen in the movies.

A snap from my proof-of-concept appears below. It isn't perfect--I chose a font for the text that one can actually read, and the justification is giving me fits--but I think it will give the effect I want. For this page, I started with J.K. Rowling's text and wrote more to fill up all the lorem ipsum. I think it will be fun to think up a story to go with some of the wacky headlines.

I'm not a graphic artist and I am mostly interested in the writing aspect, so I'm wondering...where have all the pages gone? I found one place where I was able to by a few pages for a reasonable price. But it seems like there used to be many beautiful, high resolution pages posted here that have since been deleted.

Just as a note, if I succeed in this project, I have no plans to sell the issues I create. It will be a fan fiction project only. Also, I am not looking for Adobe files with editable text layers (that sentence alone stretched my feeble knowledge to the breaking point). What I have done is insert a .JPG as a page a background in Microsoft Word, and overlay text boxes. That is the easiest for me, with my limited skills.

Can anyone help / advise where I can find pages? I need at least 200 DPI resolution and an all-white background.

If not, thanks for reading! I've so enjoyed looking at all the beautiful art here.

daily-prophet-writing-project-example.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.