Daft Punk Tron

Knowone251

Here are some finished shots of the EL work I did for a Daft Punk Tron jacket. I did not however make the jacket or the helmet in the picture. Hope you guys like it, I should be posting some more pics on my blog in the next few days.

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

I know you stated that you did not make the jacket, but do you by any chance know who did? If you prefer to pm me thats fine.

Awesome work btw. So how did you get el panels that big?

Thanks for the support guys. The person who commissioned the EL work from me had the jackets made by a local fashion designer, so I really don't know anything about the time or cost it took to get them made. The panels were made by splicing together pieces of A4 sized POWO EL sheet.
E-Luminates

Is the helmet your own build? looks a nice one, love the chin area on it

Nope, the client got that helmet elsewhere, and Im not sure who the builder is. He has been pretty secretive about who built the jackets, where he got the material, ect. But he writes the check so I don't really push him on it. He's part of a Daft Punk cover group, so I think he is trying to protect his look. I did the lights for 2 Tron style jackets for them. They also have the Alive tour red EL suits, and while I did not do the initial EL wiring, I have been doing a complete re-wire of the insides to make them easier to put on.

i might check out a local leather outfit store see if they do custom jobs.. if so ima be tron daft punk'd out, depending on price though

is that really Guy and Tom w/you?

i might check out a local leather outfit store see if they do custom jobs.. if so ima be tron daft punk'd out, depending on price though

is that really Guy and Tom w/you?

Nope. Its the guys from Daft Punk'd The Tribute. And The jackets in the pick are vinyl not leather. Might save you a few bucks that way.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back