Daft Punk Tron Full Suits

Atmosph3r3

I am getting a jump on next years halloween costume and i have decided to go as Guy Man. I am already working on the helmet, but I am curious if anybody has any ideas on what kind of coat/jacket would be best to use to sew some EL tape onto for some DP tron suits? I have looked into motorcycle jackets but they all seem to be fairly pricey and I would like something more cost-effective. I have noticed most on here are fairly creative and could probably come up with something! Thanks!
-Atmosph3r3

Having built 2 of these jackets,let me warn you they are a pain in the ass. EL tape is finicky and breaks much easier than EL wire, and requires more power. Each Jacket i built ran off of 4 9volt inverters and the design was cobbled together from cut and shape EL panels. Luckily there are some people in the UK who are selling pre-cut EL tape designs for the Daft Punk Tron jackets.
Here is a link to pics of my work: Daft Punk ?d TRON EL jackets | KnowOne's Designs
And a link to their site: Daft Punk EL Panels - Bright Glowing Strips Of Light To Attach To Clothing | *|*EL Wire Craft

Having built 2 of these jackets,let me warn you they are a pain in the ass. EL tape is finicky and breaks much easier than EL wire, and requires more power. Each Jacket i built ran off of 4 9volt inverters and the design was cobbled together from cut and shape EL panels. Luckily there are some people in the UK who are selling pre-cut EL tape designs for the Daft Punk Tron jackets.
Here is a link to pics of my work: Daft Punk ?d TRON EL jackets | KnowOne's Designs
And a link to their site: Daft Punk EL Panels - Bright Glowing Strips Of Light To Attach To Clothing | *|*EL Wire Craft

Did you build the suits from scratch or find the jackets and add the EL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back